To big of wheels???

slippery

5+ Year Member
i have a 2000 civic sir.. right now it just has a stock body and a front lip but it will have a full abs lip kit on it by the end of summer.. I have SIR wheels and i was thinking about putting 18's or 19's on it but i dont know if it would look right

what do you guys think??

slippery

5+ Year Member
These are the wheels that i was thinking about putting on....

can87

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they wont look right. if u just gonna have a lip kit, 16 inches are enough. if u gonna put a bodykit (and if so, please keep it simple) 17 inchers would look ok too.

dont go more than 17s for civics.

AllShowNoGo9

5+ Year Member
Bro don't ask opinions....do what YOU think looks good...it's your car....if you think 19's look good...then go 19's...if u want 18's do 18's

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good point, don't let someone else tell you what you should think "looks good" -- if you like something ricey then go for it, but I like the ABS lip kit and just remember that with big wheels you might lose some of the drop and a lot of the horsepower, those things are really hard to turn over

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 17's and i hate em, i rub all the time and so on, but do what ya like ;)

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 17's on my del sol. I dropped it 2.25 inches i havent had any problems, other than power loss because they are heavy as hell. Do what looks good to you. Dont ask others what they think will look good on YOUR car. Asking their opinion is one thing but dont let those opinions sway your decision.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i wouildnt go over 16" for a civic, but its your car bro..

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think those wheels are a big exception in my book. those would look good in 18s. 19" is excessive i think, but 18 could look nice. honestly though, i love the way your car looks now. for the price of those in 18s, you could do a lot of other stuff i think.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you like incomfortable rides id say go with some 18's .. looks and decent ride 17's.. for looks and good ride.. 16's :D

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never liked anything over 17's on a 6th gen civic. usually most civics look good with 15's to 16's. a few 17's. i guess if your gonna put a kit on it, 17's would be good for a confortable ride. why would u want 18's to 19's? i knew a guy who did that and he rubbed everytime he turned and hit a bump. he had good suspension too.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 16s and think they're perfect. My friend has 15s and they're good also, a tad small if anything.

I've seen 17s and they're just a little too big... don't quite look right to me. But like the others have said, its your car, your choice. Look up some pictures on cc and look at different sized rims, see how they look to you

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those SI wheels look sick on ur whip. but its up to u what u wanna do. u go 18 or 19 u probably gotta lift up ur car a bit.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally prefer nothing larger than a 16" wheel.

And it's okay that he's asking for opinions. He didn't say it's going to be the deciding factor. Maybe he just thought someone out there could give some helpful insight abotu how a Civic might ride with them, what size tires to get, it any modification is needed, etc. Maybe someone could point out something looks-wise that he didnt' even think of before. :what:

f4113n

Fu
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15 or 16 IMO. If you do get 17's then you need some low pro tires to keep from rubbing. 18's and 19's a def no go.
But this is all my opinion.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm picking up some some 17's but then I don't have a civic either...

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
i have 17"s on my hatch. and i rub everywhere i go and every turn i take kind hard. if im turnin into a parkin lot with any bump at all the rub. my fender are rolled to the max and they are even flaired like a half of a inch or so. and i am slammed on good suspension. im rollin on apexi full coilover suspension for a jdm itr with itr rear lca's. i think the 17"s are too big im goin with some 15"s. the tires on my 17"s are 205-40-17 too. i like how they handle with the low pros and stuff ,but if im doin major evasive manauvers then ill mess my fenders up. i have all ready ripped the inside lip of the fender down and creased the fender. i had to push it baack up in there and now i have body work to do on a brand new fender. this happened on 17"s so ust think if i was on 18 or 19. how low are you slippery? do you plan on changein your suspension or dropin it or anything? that will also decide on what size wheel and tire you can go with.

chet baker

5+ Year Member
AllShowNoGo9 said:
Bro don't ask opinions....do what YOU think looks good...it's your car....if you think 19's look good...then go 19's...if u want 18's do 18's
:werd: do what you like but i can tell you i ran 17" 205/40/17 and it was a hard ride, it was the size and look to have back in 2003 . but now 15" /16" is the way to go i just bought some 205/45/16 and love the ride JMO

my car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412951