Too many lights for dimmer switch?!?!?!?

Platinumcloud

so i put in LED's in my dash a while back...(used bulb size replacements) and also in my climate controll. i noticed that when i hit the dimmer that it didnt dim quite as much. now recently i put LED's in all of my vents (6 total) and the dimmer switch just worked a little bit. tonight i finally got my LED flex strips and put them in due to my other bulbs going on the fritz and now my lights wont dim at all....i have the lights in my vents wired into my cluster lights so when i hit my marker lights they come on as well. is there possible to have too many lights on my dimmer switch circuit? the dimmer switch isnt lit up (i cant remember if it did light up) i looked for a fuse under the dash to no prevail. i dint check under the hood yet. the car is a 97 dx btw

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
the dimmer switch on the 98 doesn't light up, so im assuming that on the 97 it doesn't either. but to your question on dimming, the leds wont dim as much as incandescent lights, because leds put off more light with the same voltage they will be brighter at the highest and lower setting than the stock lighting. but putting more lights on the dimmer shouldn't effect it, it should continue to dim the lights the same as the other ones. also, the marker lights are not connected to the dimmer, they are the same brightness regardless of dim level.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually the marker lights do get connected to the dimmer switch since they power the gauge lights which dim with the dimmer switch