Torque Damper Install HELP!!!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, I got this engine/torque damper off eBay. I know, I know.... it's crap, but it's cheap crap at least. So this kit comes with 2 brackets, one that goes attached to the chassis (by the strut) and the other goes on the driver's side motor mount. The Problem Im having is that the bracket that shold go on the motor mount doesnt fit, or im not finding the right angle at which it should be installed. Here's the pic of what I bought. In this pic I cant even see the thing installed on the right motor mount. If you guys check, there's an article on here about instaling an Ingalls Torque Damper and that really seems easy but this one... So if anyone knows how the hell this goes on, please let me know... till then, later.......

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should have spent money on ingalls

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a weird looking bracket lol. shoulda bought ingalls or nrg which i got

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
call the company

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They prevent you engine from rockin from front to back during lauches. Damn. I still havent installed it and the fookin seller wont respond my emails..... HELP!!!!!!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sorry bro i dont think any of us have ever had any experience with that particular engine damper. any of us who have them only know NRG or ignalls. how much did you pay for that one?
my only suggestion is keep playin around with it, you might even have to modify the bracket a little, since you did get it off ebay. use your imagination. try and put in place where it should go in the engine bay and check it out. get a tape measure and get to work. you might have to drill some extra holes and grind some metal, thats the fun part.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lesson learned (we hope); dont buy no-name ebay crap cuz it's never worth the metal its made of (if its even metal at all)

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
time to customize it.. let me guess there is a metal "spine" tha tis getting in the way right?.. i'ts because you have the wrong block mount bracket...

lesson learned man, only buy quality ingalls ( I love it) or NRG... no DAMPER

see where it hits or gets in the way and modify the bracket accordingly.. I expect a grinder and drill will help

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that style of torque damper goes on the 92-95 body style civic with a d series engine. oh yeah, you also should of picked up ingalls on ebay at the least, i got me ingalls "stiffy" from ebay for $100 bucks. you just have to search.