TPS Voltage Higher than expected

Varian Penny

Hello everyone, I'm new to the form, but thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas about my issue:

My 2005 Civic LX is giving me different random sensor voltage higher than expected codes. This is after I accidentally blew the 80 amp battery fuse disconnecting the alternator main power line first and grounding it to the AC line. After replacing the fuse, I started getting obd2 codes for the TPS, Barometric Presure and now I just got one that said MAP voltage too low. This was a new alternator and now it looks like the alternator might be pushing 19 volts out at idle?!? I disconnected both alternator wires but still have the problem. Biggest part is that the car will not get out of park normally (I suspect due to the voltage at the TPS being too high). I can clear the codes and they will not come back while driving, but they do after restarting the vehicle. Please help. Should I replace the alternator? could a fried voltage regulator cause this even after I disconnect the alternator? Also, It looks like the voltage feed to the TPS is at about 8 volts when it should be only 5.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Take the alternator off and have it tested at your local parts store. Also make sure your ground are secured. You could have voltage coming back through a ground if you have something connected wrong from a short somewhere.

Best way to find a short is to pull fuses one at a time, this is also effective for parasitic draw.