Tranny/Clutch issues help me out please?!

Slammedsedan91

Alrite I have a 96 civic dx coupe I have a b20 swap in it. So I piked up the car from previous owner
Who had blew the tranny..
Well long story short... My brother had a good working ls tranny laying around.. So I slapped it on real quick
Well now my car goes in gear while its off but when it is on I can't put it in gear?!
When the car is off I put it in gear then start the car then it stalls out...
I bled it an everything it has fluid so idk what else it could be oh an also
It's making a whining sound when I push the clutch in please help me out ASAP!
Thanks!!!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved to an appropriate section for you.

Which clutch fork are you using? Throw out bearing and clutch/flywheel/pressure plate all installed properly?

Slammedsedan91

Clutch presure plate an flywheel haven't been touched just changed out the transmission an I'm
Almost a 100% sure that it's on rite... I didn't know there was a way to put it on worng.
An thanks I didn't catch what section I put it on I'm to frustrated.
Thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the car worked fine before the transmission swap and the ONLY thing you did was swap transmissions ONLY, I'm going to say it's either:
1. Wrong shift fork
2. Bad throwout bearing

I was going to mention something about the shift linkage, but like I said, if the car worked and drove fine before the tranny swap, I wouldn't think the shift linkage would be an issue. Out of curiosity, what transmission did you swap in? And you CAN improperly install a clutch system if things aren't torqued properly.

Last edited:

Slammedsedan91

Well the transmission it had befor was a s80 now it has a stock ls tranny
An I'm usin the fork it had from befor an also the throw out bearing..
An ya I didn't mess with the clutch pp or fw period
Just put the tranny on an that was it.. Thanks for u help bro I really apriciate it