tranny drain for civic 99

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used the search function and found over two pages of thread. After reading through them, i figured out where the drain plug is and also the fill plug. However, since the fill plug is sideways, some people mentioned that it was easier to fill the fluid through "the bolt on top". What is this "bolt on top". I couldn't find a thread that specifically told what this was or where it was. Trust me i searched. Most of them pretty vague and i couldn't get it down straight. I was looking through the engine bay, and this seemed like "the bolt up top". Am i correct?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ludakrishna420 said:
I used the search function and found over two pages of thread. After reading through them, i figured out where the drain plug is and also the fill plug. However, since the fill plug is sideways, some people mentioned that it was easier to fill the fluid through "the bolt on top". What is this "bolt on top". I couldn't find a thread that specifically told what this was or where it was. Trust me i searched. Most of them pretty vague and i couldn't get it down straight. I was looking through the engine bay, and this seemed like "the bolt up top". Am i correct?

yeah you take the lil tab that has a bolt through it out by the VSS and then pull the VSS straight out, might have to rotate back and forth, wiggle, etc. but it comes straight out. then just fill through that hole and replace the VSS. Remember when replacing the VSS that it has a slot on that one side for the tab to slide into.