Tranny Or Idle timing

davdb

5+ Year Member
The first thing is that I dont have a RPM cauge so.....beside that hear is what i know
1st gear red lines at-15mph
2nd gear red lines at-30mph
3rd gear rea lines at-45mph
4th gear red lines at-55mph
5th gear red lines at-75

And if you dont switch before these red lines the jolts fowarded intell you shift so i was just wondering what i could do to get the is problume fixed

Thanks for the help

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait so this just started doin this? and when you say redline. do you mean by your ear or when the computers rev limiter kicks in at 6500? is it an Auto or stick? i would have to hear it to tell you what it could be. the redline should be much higher. if its not then it might be a computer issue. any CEL? if your computer has taken a s**t then it will only let the motor rev to 3000. and you would get a CEL. if it is limiting at 3000 then your cel light might be burned out. tell you what. with the car running. pull the passenger side carpet away from right under the dash. you will discover the ECU. on the case theres a window. inside that window theres a red LED light. if it is flashing then tell us how many times it flashes and if there are any pauses between series of flashes.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you can drive it up here and well take a look at it

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it a automatic or manual?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
teh car is fixed.....lol needed a new dizzy and some fluid in the tranny. also replaced the plug wires. his car is 100%better than it was. the distributor was fuxored! it was throwin a code 16 which was TDC sensor. also it threw the ECU in limp mode only allowing it to rev to 3000. put a new dizzy in and code went away and now revs to 6000 where its supposed to be. went to the junkyard and got a EX cluster and put it in so now theres a tach. also his cam gear was bent so we replaced that. discovered that he has a D15B block but no head. the head has a block off plate where the Vtec solenoid would go. but there is no Vtec cam nor is there the parts for it. his car was a STd but someone put a five speed in it. in two days of work and 400 bux his car runs like new...well he needs a valve adjustment i believe.