tranny?

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt find this in the info & specs thread, so don't tear me apart.

My problem: my speed sensor if malfunctioning; causing my speed-o not to work properly. I have ordered 2 speed sensors from advanced auto and neither have fit into my transmission. The only explanation for this that i have come up with is that i don't have the stock transmission; either the owner before me or the owner before him has swapped it. I'm not too sure though, so i came here to ask you guys what transmission i'm really supposed to have in a 1997 civic dx hatchback, and where i would look on my transmission to find out what tranny i have so i can order the right speed sensor.

any and all help will be appreciated.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's some really sound advice:

Go buy one from Honda.
78410-S04-901 : SENSOR ASSY., SPEED (DENSO) $85.79
http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=1997&TrimLevel=3DR+CX&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=B&Category=M++03++|MT++++++CLUTCH+RELEASE&Doors=3&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=13S030&IRefNo=012&PartNoSelected=78410-S04-901

Autozone has the worst parts catalogue out there. And unlike Advanced and CSK, they cannot flag products as wrong. I went in to get an exhaust manifold gasket for a 99-00 Si, and they had the same gasket listed as a 96-00 EX/DX/LX. So they were selling people D-series gaskets for their B-Series motors.

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhh, thanks x infinity.

advanced auto = redneck morons.