Transmission confusion

Alycian

So I just bought this 93 ej1 off of some kid and this is my first Honda. It’s got a bad passenger axle and I’m trying to figure out what axles I’m supposed to get. It’s got a d16z6 (supposedly from a del sol) mated up to a s40 (supposedly out of a 96-00 civic) and it has limited slip gears. Does that mean that I should get axles for a 96-00 civic? Does the LSD make a difference? Is there a way I can track the trans ID to verify what it came out of? Full trans ID is s40 -1646293

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it has limited slip gears.
How have you verified this?

mated up to a s40 (supposedly out of a 96-00 civic) Does that mean that I should get axles for a 96-00 civic?
S40 is a d series transmission from a 96-00 Civic, so yes, generally get the same axles that match.

Look by the passenger axle, it should be stamped either a000 or b000, that tells you if it's from a Dx or Ex model.

Alycian

S40 is a d series transmission from a 96-00 Civic, so yes, generally get the same axles that match.

Look by the passenger axle, it should be stamped either a000 or b000, that tells you if it's from a Dx or Ex model.

Verified by doing a burnout in my dr

Verified by doing a burnout in my driveway lol and thanks I just didn’t know if a needed different axles because of the limited slip

Jailbird

The B000 has larger bearings than the A000. Better for burnouts, the B000