Transmission Fluid Recommended Urgent !!!!!!!

tsujbtc

Hello everybody,

Yesterday, I bougth, 3 Liters of Valvoline Fluid Transmission That Autozone Recommend Me For My Honda Civic 1998...

They Said that this one It Subtitustes at Dexron III, Is This True?

Please Let me know As Soon AS pOssible Before at change my Transmission Fluid,

Is this Brand a Good Choice to Pu In Ito My transmission?

Juan

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say. Go back to autozone return that transmission fluid and just buy some conventional oil 10w30. Works perfectly fine =)

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you manual or auto?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if auto then any ATF from the parts store will be fine. or if you wanna spend the big bucks and your really anal about it go with honda ATF from the dealer

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont listlen to the guy that said used conventional oil, 10-30. thats engine oil. Anyways, i recently changed mine and i got Castrol transmission oil recommended for honda. It was on sale, buy 2 get one free. All you need is 3. your engine holds 12 quarts and you could only drain 3 quarts at a time. so if it is super dirty you might have to drain and refill, drive, drain and refill about 3 times. The new mixes with the old. I drained mine 3 times, like i said, and its still looks dirty.

tsujbtc

Thanks, For all Recommendation, except for the guys that not coperate as well with this forum....

I put the Valvoline And Works Perfectly, But, the original Fluid were very dirty, so My Plan is Clean Up the Sytem With This Valvoline Fluid, maybe use, for a Week or 2 Weeks and Then Put the Original honda Transmission Fluid,

It Does make sense this process for Somebody?

Let me know you feedback Please...

ANd Thanks Again For The Persons that follow me on his issue I really Aprecitte That

Regards
Juan

jas81172

i have done mine about a month ago using dexron III and so far it gave me no problem but if you're really keen on using honda recommended then you can do so the next time you drain refill it. it's just that if only doing a drain refill and not a full flush then you may have to drain refill about 3 times before you can get rid of the old tranny fluid. say doing a drain refill with an interval of at least a week each time.

94civicd16z61

i use amsoil manual synthetic syncromesh in mine, but its a 5 speed. i like amsoil products, outstanding performance, not a bad price for the quality, and when i changed my tranny fluid from honda to amsoil it shifts better and slides into gear smoother. in my 94 ex coupe i use amsoil for my tranny and engine. but if i were you in an auto i would prolly just use honda mtf. safe bet and its prolly had honda all its life, used to it by now and changing products could risk issues..