Transmisson Question

KCCivic

Dat Slab of VTEC
Hi Guys,

I am buying a civic from a guy, But here is the problem. The car doesn't go into gear and when you let off the clutch, it grinds. Something i noticed was 1 transmission bolt in the back wasn't even in and was hanging out, And another bolt was very loose in the front. It didnt look like the transmission was completely tighten to the block. Could that be whats causing it not to go into gear? Also, When the car is off, It goes into gear fine.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
it sounds like maybe the guy your buying it from tried to fix a transmission problem and didn't do it right and now hes trying to pawn it off on you for some easy money?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not even relating to the transmission, it sounds like the owner didn't take care of the car well. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Relating to the transmission, if the car goes into gear when it's off but no one, it could be the throw out bearing, clutch release fork, pressure plate or a combination of multiple problems. Not 100% sure though.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
i would only by it if you already have a dd and this was going to be a project car. and if it was really cheap less than 500 dollars.