trouble with roommates any suggestions???

justinwebb

Banned
ok start rant

well as some of you know in december i bought my 1st house and i live with 2 other roommates.....well the problem is that they don't clean up after themselves at all....i spend most of my time when i get off my 12 hour shifts 6 days a week cleaning up messes and stuff everywhere.....i am not really a neat freak but it is frustrating to come home and seeing the 210 thousand dollar house you just bought getting messed up. like i have to clean the carpets like once a week and all that s**t.....what do you all do to et your roomates to clean....we have designated areas to clean but they are stoners (no offense to any of you who are i used to be one ;) so they just sit around.......i ask them to clean all the time and pick up dishes and such but it never seems to help any they say i just sound like their parents and i don't want to sound like that.....i have even started charging them 50 bucks a month since i have to clean all the time but they don't really know that :P so any ideas suggestions.....sorry about the rant had to vent a little since i just cleaned for 3 hours and have to get up and go to work in a few hours again

Zax_Burner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, you need to regulate on them peeps. First everyone should be paying their fair share towards the rent. Second, I know what you mean, and having dirty room mates, my room mate is just like that, so I tell him hey, I understand you don't smoke, but if you don't want to clean up after yourself, then i'm going to smoke in the room, so he usually picks up after him self now. Just tell them what's up!

Zax_Burner

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tell their lazy asses to clean up, if they refuse, then tell to GTFO.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kick their f**kin asses! :thumbs up

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Seriously, the best way to go about roomate problems is to talk them out. Explain to them that they need to be doing their fair share of the house work, or they need to start finding a new place to live.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
one6 said:
Seriously, the best way to go about roomate problems is to talk them out. Explain to them that they need to be doing their fair share of the house work, or they need to start finding a new place to live.
precisely

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you know that they were that messy before they moved in?

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If its your place and they are not pulling there weight kick them out.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
simple, donkey punch them in the head while they are sleeping.

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a similar problem with my dormmate a few years ago. His side of the room always got messy so I just let it keep getting pilled up and said something to him and he then followed suit and cleaned everything promptly and kept the cleaning up the rest of the year. Not saying that that would go the same for you but thats how i solved my problem

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Solution: I'm very clean/neat, make a decent amount of money, and don't require a lot of space, heat, or food. haha

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I used to live in a duplex with three of my friends and one guy was like you. He would always clean and to be honest he would b***h about it and we still never did anything. I started to feel bad and would give him 20 dollars if he cleaned and I was one of the ones who made the mess or I would smoke him out for free. I say you work out a system where tell them if you have to clean it will cost them every time you have to and if you had a long day and dont want to clean then tell them to do it. Hide thier bong or somthing hehe.

99CivicGirl

5+ Year Member
Is it really worth $20 everytime you have to clean up after people living in your brand new house? Even if you are getting paid to do it? I disagree. I don't think any amount of money is worth having to clean up after someone else when you work as many hours as this guy does. I suggest you talk to them about it and tell them if they don't start pulling their weight they have to move out. It may take awhile for them to start catching on, give it a couple weeks, if not, tell them to find somewhere else to live. Also, when you are looking for new roomates, make it clear that you are looking for someone who is neat/tidy.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
101 ways to mess with your roommate
http://hometown.aol.com/zoldrummer/messwithpeople3.html

15.Buy a plant. Sleep with it at night. Talk to it. After a few weeks, start to argue with it loudly. Then yell, "I can't live in the same room with you," storm out of the room and slam the door. Get rid of the plant, but
keep the pot. Refuse to discuss the plant ever again.

16.Buy a Jack-In-The-Box. Every day, turn the handle until the clown pops out. Scream continuously for twenty minutes.
18.Buy some knives. Sharpen them every night. While you're doing so, look at your roommate and mutter, "Soon, soon...."

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've been in some shitty roomate situations, but i've learned from them at that, the main thing is communication, if you don't just sit down and talk w/ them about it nothing will happen, kinda regulate some laws of the house at that, like if they are doing something you don't like then simply tell them and see what they say, me personally i wouldn't let the drug s**t go on in my house because regardless its your ASS as well as theirs, i vowed to never have another roomate but just recently broke that and its been pretty good, honestly communication is gonna make or break it, if that don't work try this :slap: & if that don't work then try this :kickass: good luck broham and remember one thing the house is in YOUR name

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They either do their fair share of the cleaning (i.e. common areas such as bathrooms, kitchen, living room) or get the f**k out. If worse comes to worse and you can't lose them becuase you cant pay the full amount of the rent of mortgage hire a cleaning lady or something, but thats worst case scenario and I'd kick them the f**k out before that happened.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Did you know that they were that messy before they moved in?
Sometimes ...no.

My old roommate kept his own apartment spotless. We decided we could have a MUCH nicer two bedroom apartment with more space, covered parking....etc... for less than the cost of our separate one bedrooms.

That fool never washed dishes. He just expected his roomate to do it

I woke up at 4am to find him standing in the kitchen in his tidy whiteys :suprise: :lol: eating cereal out of a saucepan with a wooden spoon. Now, I had just got back from New Orleans the night before and before I left, I had washed all the dishes. In one week, he'd dirtied every dish we had. And he had the nerve to tell me, "I didn't mess them up."

"who da' f**k did then?!"

"You left a mess before you left"

"That's bullshit because I don't eat tomato soup (pull pan out of the sink for evidence) I don't eat mayonaise (knife) and I don't eat motherfucking Corn Pops. (stacking bowl after bowl after bowl on the counter)

"You been eating my f**king Pops?!!!!" :

It was an incredibly stupid arguement spurred on my the fact that I'd spent Easter week in New Orleans and I had the mother all hangovers and the fact that "Depraved Dave" was a pig in the kitchen.

You're screwed. Dave never did wash dishes. It was a tradeoff because in all fairness, I wasn't that good of a roommate either. I worked from 3pm to 11 and my girlfriend at that time tended bar so we didn't come in until about 3am and we weren't that quiet sometimes.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If all else fails. Have EVERYONEmove out. Rent it out to some responsible renters.
Make it your investment home and go buy yourself or rent a smaller place.