trunk lid aligning

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well my trunk lid if offset to the right. like the lid is really kissing the quarter panel and on the left side theres a big gap. this causes rain leaks into the trunk. is this something i can align back myself or should i take it to a shop?

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hoping along. How did it happen before? What it it like this when you got your car?

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it was already like that when i bought it.

it looks like the guy before me got t-boned on the driver side

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know what else to say... Lets see if any other people can help you.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well if your car got hit there, the best thing is to take to a body shop because I don't think you can do it yourself. You might need to straighten out the frame of the rear end. I'm not an expert on bodywork, but I use to hang out every other day at my friends shop when my car was hit before. It's very hard to say that they can fix 100 percent. I think they can only straighten as much as possible. My car gotten hit in the front and my align of it is a little off. Two shop spent hours on it and still can't fix the problem so it's better, but still not best look like fresh out of the dealer.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea. youshould. Don't leave it until fall season coming. Rain is coming.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let the trunk come up and rack the hinges to where you want it. thats the only thing YOU can do.