Trunk Lid Honda 98 EX & painting a small patch on my car

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
So how would I go about removing a trunk Lid on my Hinda Civic 98 ex? What tools would i need, and what about all the wires and stuff after removing the trunk?Since I'm having a problem of my trunk lid not closing completely on one side and sometimes water gets in when in rains.
As well on the side of my car I have dent and some nasty chips because of an accident. How do I go about painting the car? How much Do I sand off and how many layers of paint do i put? I have a metallic silver paint oem on my car. Thanks

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
Oh, good question.
I have some paint chips/rust on the front edge of my hood. I'm interested to see the details of how you do it.

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
So, i got all the screw out to remove the trunk lid, but the problem is that their is a hose that goes through the lid and another wire as well. How would I go about removing the wires and the hose?

RonJ

Banned
Unplug the wire harness connectors and disconnect the cable for the trunk latch.

Trunk adjustment and weatherstrip:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u have to feed them through..
there are several different ways to paint ur car, but since u didnt say if u had rust or not i cant tell u if u need to go to bare metal or just sand with an orbital and paint over that..

pics would be nice..

and im pretty sure there are thousands of threads about this same topic..

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
Does honda have a Trunk Lid Applique? Just a curiosity, since i saw a Saturn car video removing the Trunk Lid Applique. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the chips of the car