Trunk wont shut

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork' started by bkjj77, Oct 31, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. bkjj77

bkjj77 New Member Registered VIP

2. Failsafe88

Failsafe88 gt CasaNova Registered VIP

Pics please and is it not original trunk?

3. bkjj77

yah its original

4. bkjj77

5. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Was the car involved in an accident? Either something is bent or you just need to go inside the trunk and realign everything. Everything should be held on by bolts so just loosen them and move the trunk around until it lines up properly. At least that's what I would try doing :what:.

6. matty62

matty62 New Member

i agree but really if it wasnt in an accident i dont see why its like that unless somebody took it apart for some reason or other...

7. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Right. That's why I asked if the car was involved in an accident. I don't see why the trunk would randomly be out of wack. Regardless, best thing to do is go into the trunk and try to realign everything. If it doesn't square up, something must be bent somewhere somehow.

8. treeafodo

treeafodo Austin Registered VIP

Try this. My trunk was the same way as yours.
    [​IMG]

9. bkjj77

wow thanks im going to try that

10. treeafodo

treeafodo Austin Registered VIP

No problem. Good luck!