tuner shops in/near central jersey that do engine swaps?

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lookin to do an engine swap. sick of throwin cash on repairs for my d series. looking to buy a b series from hmo but I need a shop that can do everything. few questions. ( already searched)

1. how much would you say I should be looking to pay for labor if there are no unforeseen hiccups?

2. what kind of turnaround should I expect? its my daily so i will be in a rental while its getting done. done wanna rack up weeks of $ in that

3. what shops can you guys vouch for that does this kinda work and stands behind their work. not looking to get stiffed.

I plan on having the engine shipped their directly from hmo. ( getting something in writing first of course) then drop the car off for the magic to happen.

thanks

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HMO shouldn't run into any hiccups so if its a reputable Honda shop should be pretty quick. Just gotta make sure you have parts. I'm from Minnesota so can't help you on local shops there though

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol tempting! yesterday she wouldnt start in the middle of a packed parking lot at chipotle. had to block off traffic so i could pop the clutch. alot of people were happy with me lol. but seriously no one knows of any shops? this is a big job and i dont wanna find out halfway in that the shop sucks ya know?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
You might want to try a local honda forum for this type of question. There has got to be a brazillion Honda dedicated forums in and around your area. Get on HT and search there regional threads if nothing else.

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive got a thread on HT but maybe its in the wrong section. ill try posting in the NE. all of the threads ive seen are from like 2011 and before :???: