Tuning

dawson3171

Respected
Can anyone point me in the direction of how I should or can tune my stock obd1 b18 ecu? Or do i just go hondata??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
You can get it chipped if you just have boltons. What mods do you have that need to be tuned for?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

dawson3171

Respected
Need it tuned for a turbo. When I install the kit can i turn it on and drive it to the shop to get on the dyno with the stock ecu? Its about a 2 hour drive

dawson3171

Respected
Will this work for a boosted setup

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Def not either send it out for a base tune or rent a tow dolly. Where are you located?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I used Xenocron in NY state, you can send your ecu they chip it and give a base tune with your provided onfo on injectors etc. I still would not boost it tho till tuned.i think they set boost cut low to be safe

dawson3171

Respected
Man boosting one of these things is turning out to be a real b***h lol all these different types of tuning and what not seems so excessive just to go fast

dodadowdy

I ran a chipped p28 on boost setup , ran good but got hondata and realized it was nowhere near right , go hondata if you got the cash to sink into it and it’ll be right

dawson3171

Respected
I dont know what to do with a hondata tho im super new to this tuning stuff. I know it comes with a chip ir something i need to install into the ecu but then does it have a base tune to start it up or what like i have no clue how or what to do.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I used Xenocron in NY state, you can send your ecu they chip it and give a base tune with your provided onfo on injectors etc. I still would not boost it tho till tuned.i think they set boost cut low to be safe

1) find what tuner you are going to use and what systems he tunes. Chrome, ectune, hondata etc...
2) call the place i listed ask them how much for your ecu to be chipped with what system your tuner uses and a base map
3) install boost parts use base map to get to the tuner and have tuned
4) listen to all the cool turbo noises your new panty dropper will produce