Turbo a d16y7

Scoop2192

Hey everyone,

Im pretty new to the car community in general but im planning to turbo my honda civic coupe 1997 with a d16y7 engine. It makes 106 hp and im looking for around 170-180 hp. I dont really want any life span decrease, since it my daily

So i got some questions, please dont hate on a newbie.

1: what turbo size/ what turbo in general?
2: do i need any upgraded engine parts?
3: do I need a tune?

Ps sorry for my english and I hope I can get some info. Im learning every day since I bought my civic 2 weeks ago. Thanks!!!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This type of stuff costs money, what is your actual budget?
How many miles/Km on this motor?
Any mechanical issues?

It makes 106 hp and im looking for around 170-180 hp. I dont really want any life span decrease, since it my daily
It doesn't make 106hp to the wheels, I'm betting.
I wouldn't waste the time boosting a non vtec single came motor. Save it and use it for daily driver use.

Scoop2192

How many miles/Km on this motor?
Any mechanical issues?

It doesn't make 106hp to the wheels, I'm betting.
I wouldn't waste the time boosting a non vtec single came motor. Save it and use it for daily driver use.

Budget is around 3000 and it got 82.000 miles on it. I just want some reliable power

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Budget is around 3000 and it got 82.000 miles on it. I just want some reliable power
Save your money and enjoy the fuel sipping non vtec d series.
GO autoworks parts or go home, but $3k is barely breaking the plane of getting you quality turbo parts, new.
You can piece together a kit with used parts, but you need to know what you're doing before you do that.