the edelbrock kit, its awesome

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hate to break it to ya, but obd2+ turbo is not a good mix. i know drag kits are not carb legal. as far as i know, greddy and edelbrock are the only makers of turbos that are carb legal, and i dont know if they are approved for obd2 vehicles. i believe jackson racing has a s/c kit thats legal for your motor, but vortech does not, and other than that, your pretty much screwed. cali sucks man.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why isnt obd2 + turbo not good???.....also do they make a obd1 b16a2??

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
i hate to break it to ya, but obd2+ turbo is not a good mix. i know drag kits are not carb legal. as far as i know, greddy and edelbrock are the only makers of turbos that are carb legal, and i dont know if they are approved for obd2 vehicles. i believe jackson racing has a s/c kit thats legal for your motor, but vortech does not, and other than that, your pretty much screwed. cali sucks man.
yeah, they have one, but it didnt say anywhere on the site that its carb legal...or a price. what all is involved in a supercharger kit?

DOHCDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the greddy kit might be CARB leagal, i don't remember tho

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
obd2 and turbo isnt good in emission controlled states, because the allowable tailpipe emissions on an obd2 vehicle are extremely tight. because your swapping to an obd1 car, your changing it to obd1, and you dont have to worry about emissions, so your fine. as for justin, i quote from their faq page "Q: Is the Supercharger system emissions legal? Back to Top
A: All of our base systems are 50-State emission legal. The CARB Exemption number will be provided in the system on a sticker that will be affixed under your hood upon installation."
http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/faq.html question #5.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only CARB legal form of FI is the JRSC. Greddy's kit is limited to 92-95 and Edelbrock's kit hasn't received a CARB # as of yet.

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i read this somewhere dont remember the web site but it stuck in my head somehow....

to get the greddy kit street/carb legal on a 96-00 civic you need to get the early release kit, the one with the the origional FCU (fuel control unit)not the new blue FCU. reason why greddy got the carb number on the origional FCU not the blue one and the origional FCU's carb number is for the D16 VTEC engine so it crosses over, as long as you dont adjust boost. you have to leave boost set a factory which is about 5 PSI. if you put it on a D16 non vtec engine the blue box (FCU) will cause your car to run real rich causing you to fail the tail pipe test.

now for the bad news greddy dosent make the origional fcu any more, they only ship the Blue FCU with their kits.

way around this, install the greddy kit and when it comes time for a inspectiondisconnect the blue box and run straight ECU and set you boost a to zero so that you dont boost at all, that way when you get the tail pipe test your setting will be stock, then the only part you have to worry about is the visual.

hope that helps. if you need some more advice a good website to visit is Turbo D16 they have some great guys there and most are turbo D16's