Turbo Kit for d17a

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: :D :shock: :D http://turbodiscounters.com/html/turbo-honda.aspx Check it out!!! Two kits will be avaviable!!! Got the e-mail today saying it will be out next month and they're taking pre-orders now.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, well there is a company that will be at my meet that is starting production of the kit. ill post pics of that after may10th

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "7thgencivic"

Hey Chad you should get a T66 turbo.
haha a D17 will never full spool up that turbo

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "7thgencivic"

Hey Chad you should get a T66 turbo.
:shocked2:
Edit - WTF, that isn't the smiley i wanted. This one is better ->

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that would be funny, though........... you'd spend 30 minutes trying to get it to spool, and as soon as you hit boost...... :smokin: ................ and then, BOOM! :twisted:

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone know anything about Garrett Turbos? Doing some searching and not finding much.

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you want to know about Garrett Turbos? "Anything" is quite vague.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
R they good? Never heard of them before want to know any info on them.

xRiceBoyx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's a turbo kit for the d17a engine on store.dragracing.com... i dont know how good it is, but i figure you can upgrade the turbo components... what do you people think?

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by VTECSOHC02
R they good? Never heard of them before want to know any info on them.
You're doing research on Turbochargers and haven't heard of Garrett? Well, yes, they are VERY good, Indycars (now called champ cars) use Garrett turbos. They're one of the biggest, if not THE biggest Turbocharger manufacturer.

DannyB

Another Honda Nutcase
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Garret Ball Bearing Turbo's are prob the most popular ones used hear in Australia, Just somethin about their reliablility and stuff But thats here in oz i think you yanks have a wider range of stuff to use!!!
Makes life difficult!!!

Waldo2k1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo

if you want a REAL turbo kit for your 2001 civic check out http://www.maxrev.com they have the complete turbo kit which includes intercooler, blow-off valve, the works. if you have 3000 cakes, go for it. me, on the other hand, am going to wait for a more "quality" turbo kit to come out. the one on that site doesn't seem like the best if you ask me; and all the other ones i've seen look even worse.

Waldo

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: turbo

Originally posted by Waldo2k1
if you want a REAL turbo kit for your 2001 civic check out http://www.maxrev.com they have the complete turbo kit which includes intercooler, blow-off valve, the works. if you have 3000 cakes, go for it. me, on the other hand, am going to wait for a more "quality" turbo kit to come out. the one on that site doesn't seem like the best if you ask me; and all the other ones i've seen look even worse.

Waldo
man i finnaly saw that kit, it looks ghetto riged man. it looks like something i could make.

import2nr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok if u want a good kit then screw turbodiscounters or the maxrev kit they suck! get the SF kit if u want a good kit! i think some1 ran mid 13s with stock internals w/ it . it comes with everything xcept gauges. for more info im me on aim at KR4ZY K1D

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Garret as some of the best turbos next to GReddy that uses Mitsubishi Spec Turbos and Turbonetics that make their own inovative turbo....whatever its your choice Power or good pedal response....i think a custom built turbo is the besty idea for a D17 engine in a 7th Gen Civic...how do i know? i had one before.....