turbo kit for my EK

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was talkin to the procivic guy online today and got his opinion but i want your guy opinion, i have a 2000 civic DX coupe and im lookin to turbo charge it. i plan on replacing the internals, and plan to run about 7 psi while i have it stock. i want the most horsepower i can get, and still have the choice of adjusting the boost to a higher level when i get the internals replaced. i am looking at this kit-
CLICK HERE
or this 1-
CLICK HERE
the guy told me to go with the tsi kit becuase people seem to enjoy them more, but they also have the same power but the tsi kit is less expansive giving it the best bang for your buck feature, which i like. i dont feel like piecing my ouw kit together so those are my choices, unless someone can come up with a better 1 give me your opinion
thanx in advance

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I myself am looking into turbo'ing my civic. and let me tell you bud.. those are not good prices.
no way should you have to spend that much to turbo a d. if you decide between them though, i'd say DRAG kit. the other one has an internal wastegate at 6psi. im no expert but .. thats a lmiting factor. if you you want to up the boost later after internals are done.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dude ebay....dont buy the kits....just pierce urself together a kit....much cheaper....for my set up ill be runnin at like 7 psi and only spend about 600-700 bucks.....

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can piece one together yourself for alot cheaper but if you don't feel like saving money then they look good to me :D Make sure that's the tune you want to go with tho. Alot of people will tell you that fmu's and safc's are s**t. I myself am using a apexi safc2 for my tune and I like it. I will be switching to something different pretty soon

but that's what that company is doing, piecing the kit together for you and taxing like a mofo

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, i spent about 1100 on my pieced together kit, and that included a few new parts also....its also a lot more fun/frustrating, lol...but when all is said and done, you can say you put together your own turbo kit that cost only 1000 bucks

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what set up have you guys got so i can get an idea of what to buy cus i kinda do, but dont know what im looking for, help me out and either post in here everything u guys got, and how much power you got from it if you know. thanks in advance and thank for the healp uv givin me already

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a junkyard setup.

DSM 14b turbo
DSM side mount ic
DSM bov
toyota 310cc injectors
255lph fuel pump