turbo kit for the D17A engines???

redman325is

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey,
Im new here and dont know if the question has been beaten to death yet but.....are there any companys that make turbo kits for the 7th gen civics (D17A series engine)......my friend who knows nothing about cars has a 2002 ex and 4000 extra dollars and I was going to help him put in a kit or find one at least....links and comments would be good....thanks in advance....
,sean

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no kit out yet. you can go to turbo performance and they will make you one but there is no offical kit out. someone on 7thgencivic.com just emailed revhard and they clain to have a kit out this summer. i hope so cuz i got 10,000 bucks to buy it and have it installed. :D

redman325is

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
10 g's.....shiiit, id sell your car and but an rx7 or an m3 or something. but thats me.....thanks for the info by the way.....
,sean

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the kit from turbo performance only cost 2800 and u can install it yourself unless u are a dumbass

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the kit that comes with the intercooler is 3200 i believe just dont have that money right now

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

the kit that comes with the intercooler is 3200 i believe just dont have that money right now
i was quoted from the 2800 with the intercooler

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "spider883"

nightkids1 said:
i was quoted from the 2800 with the intercooler
thats nice to know that the price has gone down, i hope it go down to like 2000 and then ill think about getting it

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "redman325is"

10 g's.....shiiit, id sell your car and but an rx7 or an m3 or something. but thats me.....thanks for the info by the way.....
,sean
yes 10 g's. i love my vic. i wont sell her for a loooooooooong time. :D if i wasnt 20 y/o like i am i would probably buy a rx7 or rsx-s but then my insurance, so thats why i got a vic. i can have a nice modded car and have cheaper insurance than another 20 y/o with a sports car. with that money im saving im hooking up my car nicely and cleanly.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "spider883"

the kit from turbo performance only cost 2800 and u can install it yourself unless u are a dumbass
hey spider. for the $2800 from turbo performance whats including? everything or just the turbo itself and intercooler.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everything needed, includeing a custom intake manifold and new throttle body

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bov, wastegate, and all the hardware. ill jsut have to buy the turbo timer and gauges right? man if its only $2800 looks like im buying one real soon. :D :twisted: hey spider one more thing. having a turbo hard to maintain and whats involved of maintaing one. i just know the basics about turbos. im not all techinal about them. oh btw redman my car is paid for so im even saying even more money without a car payment. if i had a rx7 or what have you i would probably have a car payment and then no money to mod it. :(

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well yeah if i had a good job that mad more money i would get rid of my civic to, but i checked into getting a rx-7 and they are not a car to do daily driving in, and my insurence would be around 250 a month, thats my car payment for my civic

Az2k1civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey spider...since Im a dumbass, what do you think someplace would charge labor wise to install the turbo, intercooler, throttle body, etc??

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well at my friends and i shop we would charge 500 but at other shops around 750-over a thousand

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy a 6th Gen =) =) you can get everything for them =) Greddy turbo kit: 1800 Intercooler kit: 850..thats for the D16Y8...but there are also like 5 or more different motors you can put in a 6th gen...but who knows...the 7th gens will probably have the same stuff within a few years... :mrgreen:

alltech01civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not too sure of the name but on 7thgen, some dude got a turbo done in my hometown (dallas) at Jotech from a dude named tony....i think the price was between 4-5g's......oh yeah and it's custom :thumbs up: