Turbo or N/A

00sivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello everyone I ve got a JDM B18c type R motor that going into my 00 civic Ex and wanted a second opinion, I want it to be a daily driver yet still be able to race on the weekends. either way I still plan on tearing the motor apart and rebuilding it. I just knew to which is going to be more maintainance or need more tuning and info will be greatly appreciated

98CivicHatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man, thats a sweet engine for that car, i would keep it n/a, turbos require a lot of maintance and the b18 to me is quicker when rebuilt, B16's are better with turbos

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "00sivic"

Hello everyone I ve got a JDM B18c type R motor that going into my 00 civic Ex and wanted a second opinion, I want it to be a daily driver yet still be able to race on the weekends. either way I still plan on tearing the motor apart and rebuilding it. I just knew to which is going to be more maintainance or need more tuning and info will be greatly appreciated
go n/a with that motor, you cant turbo it, compresion is to high

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your going to rebuild it you can always throw a low compression cam in, and build it for boost, but the B18C-R was designed to be a NA motor.

civictyper04

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
definately go all motor w that motor..high compression all the way..i wouldnt turbo it but thats jus me

Kihun_Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say nice motor for noob sucks

do not turbo/ if u are gonna turbo / go for b18c1 which is GSR engine
that motor is much nicer and has more potential to turbo
well let me see how u going with the swap first/ i kno a lot of people just plan it out
sayin that they are gonna do it and not doing it/ post up pic and proove it

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
search next time.

high compression can be boosted, but requires different steps to be taken and can make just as much power as any other engine

both a N/A and F/I race built engine require a lot of maintenance.....its just that different things need to addressed in each situation

..................and the rest of the s**t i would say is already in another thread

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this thread is over 2 years old :lol:

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn..a thread over 2 years old brought back.. LOL

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats funny is that they are still trying to give advice.... :lol:

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all motor or no motor.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People, this is a 2 year old thread. I dont think he cares what anyone thinks anymore...........