Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Been waiting to see some pics of your truck man!

Looks good... definitely cannot wait to see this build progress more!!!

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, I miss those days...Looks pimp man, I still have that chrome Yota bumper and valance!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dunno what happened to some of the pics..
guess ill have to rehost them when i get a few minutes.

thanks for teh good words...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
in for updates.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome! ive always been curious about your truck... looks great man! as for the motor, the turbo 2's 13b would be just fine in there... you can make plenty of power with it, and you wont have to worry about the sequentials being in the way and all...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome! ive always been curious about your truck... looks great man! as for the motor, the turbo 2's 13b would be just fine in there... you can make plenty of power with it, and you wont have to worry about the sequentials being in the way and all...
thats what ive been hearing on the the rx7 forums and all the research i have been doing for the last year..

idk, it all depends on if i wanna make it work with a single turbo or just fit the turbo II.

the only clearance problems i will have would be the turbos and figuring out exhaust and stuff, but im not too worried about the exhaust...

updates thursday i promise..

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Subscribed; been waitin around to see ur truck god dammit! about time :lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lookin good man, what exactly are your plans for it?
well its bagged on all four corners with parker valves front back side to side. bodydropped 3 1/2 inches to the rocker. its got 08 escalade wheels on it right now and a custom back half with modified stock upper a arms.
its got a 10 gallon tank and a viair compressor with a spun aluminum fuel cell.

plans are to finish shaving the firewall and hide everything.

no brake lines visible, no power steering, no wiring, no clutch lines... nothing but plug wires.

then i am installing some trailer fenders under the hood and smoothing them into the firewall. also gonna shave the taillights and figure out some leds or something or possibly just run no taillights(i havent decided yet)..

i am running a wilwood reverse clutch and brake assembly with a master cylinder delete so i will have nothing on the engine side of my firewall.

then after the Forbidden Fantasy show in march i am doing a rotary TT or single turbo swap in it with another wire tuck.

plans after this are to do a rear cantilever setup on the rear and possibly an IRS of an rx7 also with new control arms in the front and a little more custom frame work.

then i have been planning a sheetmetal dash and center console into a speaker box in the rear with custom door panels and all the goods.

there is a lot more, but this is my immediate plans as funds provide and given time between shows..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
updates without pictures.

i know what ur saying, y no pictures?
well i have the pictures but im too lazy to upload and host them right now.. so deal with it..

hehe

anywho, got quite a bit done today before i had to deal with christmas s**t. go i hate the holidays...

i shaved my winshield wipers and my vents on my cowl so its smooth, well it will be after a little more welding and some body work, but by the time its painted itll look nice..

also degreased and washed my engine with a toothbrush for about 4 hours so its ready to go back in.

also did some more welding on the firewall and cleaned and painted my frame and some of the old welds up.

i did a powersteering delete also so i have no p/s reservoir and no power steeing lines cluttering up my engine bay and i also added reducers on my valves so they drop slower.

pics maybe tomorrow or the next day, hell maybe ill have time tonight, we'll see

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean a buddy of mine has a mazda like that bagged all the way around but love the body drop that is sick we dont see much body drops around my parts lol im in for updates

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You are going tri-rotor right...please, oh please do it...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the plan is to find a way to make the 3 rotor work in there, yes..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
picture updates

my buddy cleaning up some of the edges..

tacked into place..

me doing what i do..

all welded in( well the top atleast)...

also shaved my cowl for shits and gigs..
no more windshield wipers or cowl vents..

and just a cool shot with the welder and my truck..
late night welding session.

just waiting on my trailer fenders and gotta remove the whole cab to weld into the tranny tunnel. then i have to cut a hole for the steering column and mount my brakes and clutch and gas pedal and clean and paint a few things, then the engine will go back in for the time being and maybe get a coat of paint on her by time for FFF in march.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more updates(if anyone cares)

removed my bed to shave my taillights and to fix my roll pan that i drug off and also to fill some holes in my frame and repaint my frame and airtank.

been doin a lot of clean up and painting a few things and also getting ready to pull my transmisson and weld in the rest of my firewall and redo my tubs for 20" rims with trailer fenders..