Turboing a Vtec engine.....

Cobl18

Registered VIP
You should look a the 2011 winter edition of the magazine called project car, they took a 1998 civic and boosted it and at 30 psi they got a whopping 667 WHP. That's ridiculous if you ask me, they did a whole write up on it too, went to the track and everything.

97ek_coupe

anyone that knows what they are doing should have no problems tuning vtec and boost. sit down with whoever is going to tune your car and ask him how experienced he is with vtec and boost, and find out who he has tuned, and if that car is still on the road, and if it did blow up, why?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I think what ray's referring to is the idea that many vtec engines burn a little oil in vtec. I know for a fact that mine does because when I'm really pushing her hard I can smell a little oil being burnt, but thats in a B18C1 and usually only when I'm taking it close to redline.
Im sure its true some oil is burnt at 8k+ rpm in most situations, due to worn gaskets or leaking ones or whatever, it happens with engines with a s***load of miles on them. Im just saying all things being perfect (which we all know isnt the case) it shouldnt be happening.