turndown exhaust idea...

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, last week i lowered my car significantly more then it was lowered before.. I love the look and the handling, but unfortunately, due to the layout of the muffler on our cars, my exhaust is scraping all over the place. Its a piece of s**t exhaust so i dont really care, but my buddy with the Apex'i worldsport said he had the same problem when he was all the way down on coilovers. I dont want to spend much more money on, but i just cant have it scraping like crazy. I was thinking of just getting rid of the rear section all together and just doing something that dumps off under the car. Anyone tried this on a civic with good results. I definately dont want some shitty rice sound. I was thinking either putting on a traditional type straight through muffler and tucking it up into the exhaust tunnel (if it would fit). Or maybe running two resonators there or two glasspacks.. any ideas?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The glasspack idea will work but it'll sound like a lawn mower, you can throw a resonator under somewhere but I'm not sure how much that will help. The only other option I can think of is installing a OBX baby bomber, they're small as f**k and straight through. You can add a glasspack right under where the stock muffler goes and the baby bomber coming out at the stock location where the tailpipe comes under the bumper. Now that I think of it, that will work perfect. Them baby bomber's are tiny :shock: but make sure you have a glasspack because it'll be too loud if you don't.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a good idea, but those baby bombers seem to be pretty expensive.. would it work if i did it like:
cat - resonator- small muffler out (with essentially no piping)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
thats a good idea, but those baby bombers seem to be pretty expensive.. would it work if i did it like:
cat - resonator- small muffler out (with essentially no piping)
I should but baby bombers are only like $70 bucks. s**t, I gave mine away

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of exhaust do you have.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive never had a problem wiith exhaust dragging. and my hatch is lowered, let me guess you "slammed" your car. eh i hate slammed cars

ps. any stright through design muffler(IE ebay fart can style) will be raspy.

here was my last exhaust. not raspy, little bit at high rpms

my new one all i need is a tip to weld on:

i like the RSr Exmag exhaust, the look of it.

Last edited:

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, dude, you got me... i slammed it as low as she could go.. i like it..
But one of the problems is, looking at the muffler from a straight through perspective, its a round muffler and as such its lower then an oval shaped one. If i had money id get a whole new nice exhaust like the ex-mag. But alas, i do not.