Turning on Dome Lights

Aloupha

Hello,

I am a new Civic owner, and I cannot for the life of me find out how to turn the interior dome lights on. It would seem that there is no button or switch (or I can't find it) to turn them on. Sure, I can just manually turn them on, and they'd automatically turn on when a door is opened, but like all of my other cars, there is usually a button I can just switch to turn them all on. This is basic functionality.

Am I missing something or is there really no button to turn those lights on?

Aloupha

Do you see a button or switch there? If not, it does not exist.
That's kind of the point of my post. This is a very basic feature I have seen in all cars (I guess until now), and I was thinking that I missed something.

Aloupha

Is this your first Civic?

Civic = econobox

With a switch, right?
Yup, this is my first Honda Civic car.

For the driver area, I can turn the map lights on by pressing on the sensors, set the switch to the ON button, or open the door.
Same thing for the rear except they are not turned on by pressing on the sensors.

There is usually a switch on the steering wheel I can flip/turn that would turn on both the map lights and the rear dome lights. I do not find that on the Civic, and I thought I was missing something because, as I said, this is a very basic feature I have seen in all cars, including non-luxurious. If I am not mistaken, and this switch does not exist, I am rather surprised that the Civic does not have it.

I have the EX-L Trim.

Aloupha

I checked the manual for the Accord and Fit and both didn't have this either. I suppose this is a Honda thing.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Call the Honda dealer, or write a letter to Honda to express your disappointment. Maybe they'll give you free stuff to keep you as a loyal customer.
I want an Asimo dammit!!!!

Sent from my boujea ass phone