Two questions about windows

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok I have a 93 LX and first of all i just got my windows tinted last week and i noticed that my passenger side window seemed off track...i asked the tint guy about it and he said that civics are bad about the windows getting off track and he said take it to a glas place and they will tighten the tracks back and it will fix the window....how can i do this myself....

2nd question

since i have an LX i have back doors with "safety" windows...is there a way to fix those windows so that they go all the way down? thanks guys

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st question: (i assume that its automatic window)Just take your door panel off, your window is sitting on a bar with 2 screws, you should just have to tighten them. If that doesnt work its just not ligned up. Its a simple job, just take your door panel off and you'll see what im talking about, hope that helps =)

2nd question i duuno........

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no you cant, if you look at the design of the door, you'll see that the wheel well gets in the way of having the window fully go down. if you pull the door panel off the back door you'll see what im talkin about, you can roll it down until there just isnt any space left.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cut a hole in in ur door jam j/p that wud be a lotta werk but is it possible?

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the kid still cant get his door panel off...............

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you get the panel off? I have a 98 ex and the window kept coming off track and I kept putting it back myself. Make sure you check both sides of the track on my car the inside was fine but I was'nt paying attention to the outside track. It was shot! Looked like shreds in there. 90 bucks to get it fixed.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t...nah i havent messed with it yet, ive been putting it off....thanks everyone