Unable to locate antenna on my Civic

Mugen SI Chick

So I've owned my Mugen Civic SI for about 8 months now and I barely drive it so I can keep my miles down. One thing I never figured out though is where my freaking antenna is. I see no physical antenna on the car, no mark of anyone removing one, and I'm just baffled as to where it is on this particular car. Any ideas?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its made into the rear glass....

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Part of what looks like the defroster at the top is actually the antenna. The antenna goes into a powered amplifier that is mounted, IIRC, in the rear passenger pillar. The factory head unit has a two wire plug that contains leads for both the antenna and power. If you are using an aftermarket HU, you will need an adapter for this.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Haven't they been in the glass since the 7th gens came out?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ pretty much

Mugen SI Chick

My DD is an Integra so I still have the motorized antenna on that. When researching cars, I never thought to look at the specs on the antenna so I'm quite behind if they've been like that since the 7th gen. That was a really great description though of where it's at. Thank you. You learn something new every day.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
My DD is an Integra so I still have the motorized antenna on that. When researching cars, I never thought to look at the specs on the antenna so I'm quite behind if they've been like that since the 7th gen. That was a really great description though of where it's at. Thank you. You learn something new every day.
Well thats what were all here for!