Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to ClubCivic Classifieds!

SALE REQUIREMENTS

0. Participation in the classified's section will now require CC membership for at least one month, and a total of 30 or more posts.
This is to help deter undesirable sellers and scammers. Please do not attempt to sell parts in other sections of the forum, or via your user profile.

1. Absolutely NO selling parts YOU do not own.
There is NO selling for a friend or family member. You may only sell items that you PERSONALLY own.

2. You may not commercially sell products or services (i.e. for a business) on ClubCivic.
i.e. bulk parts, custom parts made to order, powder coating, chroming, painting, installs, services, etc.

3. At least one image per item that you are selling, with your ClubCivic username and date displayed in the photo.
Usernames that are edited / photoshopped are not valid. We recommend writing down your username on paper and including it in your photos.

4. One thread for ALL of your sale items.
Duplicate threads may be merged / closed / deleted.

SALE ETIQUETTE

Note: These are not rules, but are recommended for selling efficiency:

1. SET A PRICE ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SELL
Put an asking price on the stuff you wish to sell. You can, of course, open it to Best Offer's as well, but make sure to ask a starting price. Without this, some people may not know how much to offer you, and may lowball you. And nobody likes lowballers!

2. USE PROPER SPELLING & GRAMMAR
Using proper grammar and spelling sounds professional. Nobody wants to buy something from someone who uses slang and can't form a complete sentence. Not only does that person sound untrustworthy, but they sound uneducated as well. Take the extra time to spell check, and to make sure your post actually makes sense.

3. DETAILS!
A sale thread is all about the details. The more the better. This will mitigate common questions and may speed up your sale. Selling a car? Make sure to outline key details such as mileage, aftermarket parts, maintenance, how it runs and drives, etc.

We ask that you please follow our rules when selling items using the ClubCivic.com classifieds section! Failure to follow these rules may result in your thread being modified, locked, or deleted without warning. Also, our guidelines should help you to sell your item, so following them as well should help for a successful sale!

Good luck selling! And please remember - SELL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
If you believe a thread or user of ClubCivic may be scamming or attempting to scam others, please notify a moderator immediately.

Thanks!
-- ClubCivic Staff
, updated 4/17/2018

Last edited by a moderator:

Unuzual Kustum

4DR Sleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please when posting a thread in this forum follow a simple set of guidelines....

#1 POST PICS!!!!!
you will never get a sale if noone knows what the f**k your selling! if i cant see it...im not buying it... plain and simple!
>> need help in that department? please visit www.imageshack.us you dont need to sign up. you dont pay anything. you hit the browse button. you find the pic you want to upload....click the resize button and select 800x600 and hit host it. after it hosts, scroll to the bottom and where it says direct link to image, copy that, and paste it in between this

#2 put an asking price on the stuff you have. dont put make offer...people will lowball you. you cant stop lowballers. its gonna happen... dont b***h about it!

#3 DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE!!!! " Im trying to get rid of these pretty quick,fast,in a hurry, need cash now" none of that! THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC>>>>I STOLE THIS s**t! THE COPS ARE GONNA BUST MY DOOR DOWN! noone wants hot parts. therefore your stuff will never sell

#4 DO NOT SELL THINGS FOR ANYBODY! i dont care if it belonged to your bro yesterday and now it belongs to you. we dont know the real truth. if you start off by saying " i have a 96-99 rear lip for sale" your prolly gonna sell it....if you say " my bro gave me this 96-99 lip to sell" we will delete your thread instantaneously. if your bro happens to be a member of this site... have him put the s**t up. you guys settle the money out when you get it.

#5 THIS IS NOT YOUR HOMIES ON THE CORNER! please use proper spelling. DO NOT USE CAPS. we dont respond to "boi" or......" does ne1 have ne springs 4 sale i need 2 get some." this aint gonna cut it man. also... there is a huge difference between sale and sell. you dont want to sale something. you need to sell it. and no if it sales today you wont include something. please see the difference in these two words and use them properly.

i dont care if you think this is hurtful. its for the better. all you need to do is follow these guidelines and we will not have any problems

Isn't this out of the blue. Some of what you wrote is iffy. Like "Rule"#3, just because someone wants to sell something fast isn't an "I stole it thing". Also, "Rule" #5, This post IS NOT in proper spelling. I don't see capital letters in beginning of sentences and I don't see proper puncuation. I'm just saying that Everyone should follow these rules. I'm not trying to be hurtful, it's for the better. Other than that it's a good guideline.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't this out of the blue. Some of what you wrote is iffy. Like "Rule"#3, just because someone wants to sell something fast isn't an "I stole it thing". Also, "Rule" #5, This post IS NOT in proper spelling. I don't see capital letters in beginning of sentences and I don't see proper punctuation. I'm just saying that Everyone should follow these rules. I'm not trying to be hurtful, it's for the better. Other than that it's a good guideline.
you are right... although. people can understand completely what i say. im not asking for perfection. im just asking that people read over what they type.

you are right although people can understand completely what i say im not asking for perfection im just asking that people read over what they type

^^^ that is not good?

YOU ARE RIGHT. ALTHOUGH....PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY WHAT I SAY. IM NOT ASKING FOR PERFECTION. IM JUST ASKING THAT PEOPLE READ OVER WHAT THEY TYPE

^^ that is what i mean by not using caps... that is f**king annoying.

Unuzual Kustum

4DR Sleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol.... I know I was just acting goofy. Off topic, where in M-Burg do you live?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hate to say it, but this won't work...just go to the threads thats "Post your Coupe" or whatever it's called for each generation, it's CLEARLY stated in the first post not to comment at all and follow the certain format, and 9 times out of 10 people don't follow it and they comment all over the place.

williamsshek

5+ Year Member
: I am trying to sell my car but i am not getting the right price, few of the buyers ended up negotiating to the extremes, how do i handle this? Any suggestions?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
: I am trying to sell my car but i am not getting the right price, few of the buyers ended up negotiating to the extremes, how do i handle this? Any suggestions?
So, your trying to sell a car and your price isnt being met?

Nothing you can do but wait or lower your price. cc cant make anyone pay you what your asking price is.

clivesrobert

5+ Year Member
Some people sell cars by word of mouth, but there may not be too many buyers within your circle of friends and family. That is why you have to find the right resource. One of my friends sold his car in just 3 days by using Autoselect.com why don’t you try your luck there.

clivesrobert

5+ Year Member
Some people sell cars by word of mouth, but there may not be too many buyers within your circle of friends and family. That is why you have to find the right resource. One of my friends sold his car in just 3 days by using Autoselect.com why don’t you try your luck there.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I hate seeing people try to tell the seller that his asking price is too high IN HIS/HER OWN THREAD. I realize that YOU might think that what the seller is asking is a little over the kbb or maybe craigslist value, but who are you to judge? If it really bothers you just pm him about it. It really upsets me when people say that type of crap in someone else's sale thread. Either bump it or keep your mouth shut and don't cockblock people.

Dusty1

I think what they are trying to say here is that this is not texting so don't write that way =), or maybe it's just morse code...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
pretty sure I posted an update for this last night but I do not see it now

here is a thread title template I think would help clean up the for sale section (from G2IC founder NFULFX)

The following criteria MUST BE USED when creating a new thread in this forum.

1. If you're in the USA or Canada, use your state or province's 2-letter abbreviation in your thread's subject. For other countries, please spell out your country name.

2. If you do not want to ship your item out of your area, state "NO SHIP" in your thread's subject.

3. A broad description of your item(s) for sale should also be in the subject.

EXAMPLES:
A USA thread:
"FL: Kosei K1 Racing Wheels NO SHIP"

A Canada thread:
"BC: Kosei K1 Racing Wheels NO SHIP"

Outside north america:
"Australia: 1991 Integra front clip NO SHIP"

Of course if you don't mind shipping your item, leave out the NO SHIP addition.

Please note: F/S and WTB are not necessary. It's understood what you're doing based on what forum you post in. If you DEFINITELY want to trade, you should specify this in your post, not necessarily your thread subject.

Not following these rules will result in thread DELETION WITHOUT NOTICE.

here is a decent template that i think we should follow for the threads themselves (borrowed from CincyStreetScene)

Price
What is your name?
What is your Email Address?
What is your Phone number?
What is your City?
What is your Zip code?

not everything on that list is needed but the easier it is for people to contact you the faster things get sold

and of course a DETAILED description of what you are selling

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#3 DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE!!!! " Im trying to get rid of these pretty quick,fast,in a hurry, need cash now"
That also opens you up to nothing but lowballs if ppl know you need to get rid of it.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I also meant to put this in the parts for sale section too

perhaps someone can copy this into that section too *hint hint*

cjc4jc

Great, thank you for the info. I have Civic Si I am selling in OKC. I will be a member for more than 30 days on the 28th of this month. Will I be able to post my car to the classifieds on the 28th of June?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The link to your external ad violates more than one of our rules on selling so it was removed.

To answer the question, no. You would still not be eligible to post in the classifieds as you need to be a contributing member to the site. We removed the ability for people to come here just to sell stuff on our site and only open it up to members that are here to stay and have posted in the tech forums helping others, in the off topic section sparking the flow of traffic/discussions, being part of the community here, etc.

Craigslist is your best bet. No traffic here, especially for buying cars. No one is willing to buy a purchase this large sight unseen from another state/country unless from a seller that has a good reputation.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rules & Guidelines updated 4/17/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.