Urgent advice needed from you experts, 00 si w/d16 engine/tranny

thewraith

5+ Year Member
HI all,

I have a 2000 civic si whose engine/wheels/tranny were stolen and now has a d16 sohc engine/tranny in it (don't ask, it wasn't me that elected this). Anyhow- the exhaust that the former owner had pieced together sounds like CRAP. I'd like to get an exhaust off ebay but do not want to spend more then $250 shipped. Should I be looking for an Si exhaust or an exhaust for a 96-00 2 dr exhaust? I prefer an exhaust that does NOT have a fartcan and is not loud. Please advise.

Thank you in advance!
meek

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id be swapping engine before anything, but your question, you get what you pay for

TokyoCivic

ショーン
5+ Year Member
i would swap your engine also.. its not worth it to buy an exhaust for that engine u know.. dont waste ur money

thewraith

5+ Year Member
I paid $3k for the car, the rest of it is PERFECT. I just need to run an exhaust on it long enough to not go deaf w/this pos that is on it. So what would you recommend?

If i do a swap back, which year b16 could I put in there? Please advise. All I see on ebay and online are b16's from early 90's japanese models.

thanks again
meek

FLCL7777

JDM not-tyte Yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could put in the 92-95 sir b16 or the usdm 96-00 b16a2 si engine

id go with the JDM one but thats just me

but for the same price id look for a GSR swap, locally ive seen them for around 1500

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 96-00 2dr ex exhaust will fit your car if you have a

d16y8, or a d16y6

if you have a
d16y7
you will need a dx, lx exhaust

Look under your hood look at the Exhaust manifold. If it has a big cylinder thing there than that your catalytic converter and you will need a dx, lx exhaust

If it goes straight down with no big cylinder thing the get the ex exhaust

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is OEM 99-00 si MUFFLER a stainless steel? I heard that Stock Si muffler would fit on EX & vice versa. HOwever, I've noticed that stock Si muffler is lil more expensive than the ex so im pretty sure that they aint exactly the same part.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah the oem si muffler is not stainless steel but the si muffler has slightly larger piping diameter

thewraith

5+ Year Member
Looking down there- looks like a long tube header going down to the test pipe- there is no catalytic. The car has a d16y7 engine.

thanks
meek

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get yourself a good muffler and take it to a muffler shop. you could probably get away with $250.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id be swapping engine before anything, but your question, you get what you pay for
+1, you should bet a b16/18 for your car. you are not really going to notice anything with any bolt on you get for a d.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it sounds like ass cause it has not cat.

go get a cat converter cause anything you put on your d16y7 is going to sound like ass. Well anything that costs less then 500.

Why does everyone keep telling him to buy a b series. If he cant afford more than 250 than i am willing to bet he cant afford 3000 :roll:

thewraith

5+ Year Member
It's not a matter of not being able to afford something guys. I don't want to pay for a swap yet. I already have two nice cars:

http://www.pbase.com/itsmeek/16g_turbo_install_pictures_16g

and

http://www.pbase.com/itsmeek/audi_a8l

The audi will be traded for a 335i coupe on Tuesday. I don't want to put any more money into this civic until I sell at least the talon. I ordered a cat converter- so we'll see it if helps any. I also have a vibrant 3" to 3" stealth black exhaust I will take off my talon before I sell it and get it welded onto the civic. The civic right now is working out better for me because I need a car that is not a gas guzzler. Thanks all for the advice.

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I remember right I think I seen this si for sale, post some pics of it, and post some sound clips for everyone

thewraith

5+ Year Member
LOL, i'll take pics tomorrow. I don't think you saw this particular car for sale because it was purchased at manheim auction from honda financial services. The history on it was that the person who owned it had the car repo'd but pulled a fast one on honda by swapping the engine/tranny out. He got sued big time and had to declare bankruptcy over a $3k engine/tranny. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them for those that are curious.