V-tech solenoid leaking?

tip

hi i'd like to know how you can see i fthe solenoid is leaking.., and if it can be repaired?

blkej7

hungry for boost
it will leak onto the head under the solenoid. mine was doing that on my r i changed the gasket and pow... no leaks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Look right underneath the solenoid itself. There's a gasket that can be replaced. I'd imagine it can't be more than a few bucks at Honda.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ & should be about $10 bucks

tip

ok thanks for the info, can anyone tell me if d16a8 (v-tech) engine is a good one??
i want to make it street fast all engine, can i do that or am i just gonna waste my time

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since when do phones use oil?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok thanks for the info, can anyone tell me if d16a8 (v-tech) engine is a good one??
i want to make it street fast all engine, can i do that or am i just gonna waste my time
A lot of people are going to rag on you for saying VTECH. It's VTEC.

The D16Y8 is a horrible motor for all motor. The only way to get a lot of power out of them is forced induction.

tip

ok my bad....
i have a D16A8 ENGINE DOHC and it has v-tec, i dont have the SOHC

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want street fast stick to a turbo. It's going to take deep pockets to build a fast n/a motor. Unless you have plans of swapping a k series in. But with d and b series motors vtec or not it takes alot of money. And most times a finely tuned boosted car will still say goodbye to you on the streets, body kit, neon lights, and an airplane wing and all.

tip

If you want street fast stick to a turbo. It's going to take deep pockets to build a fast n/a motor. Unless you have plans of swapping a k series in. But with d and b series motors vtec or not it takes alot of money. And most times a finely tuned boosted car will still say goodbye to you on the streets, body kit, neon lights, and an airplane wing and all.
ok, lets say i go for turbo, do i have to rebuild my engine with forged internals or can i boost with my stock internals??