Valve Cover & Fuse box???

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:?: :?: :?: notice that a lot of people have their valve covers, fuse boxes and etc... painted instead of purchasing them. Is it just some spray paint or what. please help! Thanks!!! :idea: :D

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i woud figure it would consist of cleaning, maybe light sanding with high grit, thin primer, spray paint, and thin layer of clear coating...but i dont know. thats what i did to my valve cover. but be sure to not make my mistake and put too many layers of paint

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bu then again, IMO i wouldnt paint or replace my fuse box because it has the diagram of all the fuses on it

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u put primer on your valve cover? all u should have to do is paint it i would think... :?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used some primer, just a thin coat, then high temp paint for 1200 degrees, then some clear coat.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

i woud figure it would consist of cleaning, maybe light sanding with high grit, thin primer, spray paint, and thin layer of clear coating...but i dont know. thats what i did to my valve cover. but be sure to not make my mistake and put too many layers of paint
:idea: I went by the local Autozone and talk to one of the Techs there and that what he told me to do. Thin layer of primer to remove all the dirt and grease. Than a plastic prep spray to help from cracking. Than you choose your color of 1200+ degree engine spray paint. I'll be doing this next week so I'll have all the names of what I useing and will take pics for a little DIY post!!! :D :D

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what i did too...plus i work at autozone so i got all that stuff on discount! ill post pics

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres the pics of my newly painted valve cover. its not as bright of a red as it shows in the picks though. its more of a type r sorta red

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so.... you just took it off... cleaned it, scuffed it up, and painted..... looks awesome!!!!!!!!

i want to do mine in black!!!!

is there anyway you could have left the HONDA writing silver????

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could either cover it up while painting with some sort of tape. or i hear you could sand it off. yeah, i took it off, sanded it with low grit, then high grit. cleaned off all remaining big dirt spots. primed, painted with high heat paint, then clear coated it. i was thinkin bout makin mine dark grey...but i decided to go red

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude looks nice. Can't wait till I get mine done!!!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh, looks good! :thumbup:

the "HONDA" would look tight in black, grey or white

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i wouldnt have minded just cleaning up all chrome and what not. i was just lazy and it was getting dark and i was doing it outside