Very Hard Power Steering

petjelly

Hi,

I have 8th gen civic. Recently I heard a whinning sound from the engine and felt a bit hard power steering, I check the PS Fluid and it was not full and the power steering hose was leaking. I went to the mechanic and have it replaced with the used hose avaibale in the scrap market. Just after 1 day having it replaced, my steering was hard again and making strange noises when I turned it. I turned my car off and started it, power steering was fine again but just after quater of a mile drive it started to act the same again.

I took it back to the mechanic, he said there must be some air(but there was no air I checked) or the problem with hose, the took the hose off again check it and put it back, filled the fluid took off the air but the steering is still hard.

Now the mechanic is saying that the problem is with the pump. BUt I don't agree because the steering was fine when it took my car to him, I was filling up the fluid everyday, I never let it read the lower level. So, I think the pump most be fine.

I don't know much about the mechanical work, I did not took it to the dealer as they charge alot here.

Now the steering is very hard but when you put gas on the accelerator, it becomes soft.(not much but better).

One more thing I noticed, when it switch the car on, the dashboard blinks, somethings it seems the battery is not given power but if I do it again it fluctuates and the car starts. I was thinking it might be the problem of POWER STEERING Preesure SWITCH . What do you people think? I really need help .

Is this the PUMP, Pressure switch or the hose ? I put in the Fluid available in the market(RED in color) Should I put the original honda (Yellowish).

Regards

James315

could be pump cause it had to work harder when fluid was low or your rack could be bad not gonna garentee its one of those two but its a place to start and just my 2 cents.