Vin history doesnt add up

jrg5066

5+ Year Member
Person just has a salvage certificate. The odometer reads about 138,000. Person says its salvage because of theft and wire cutting.(IDK she sounded totally clueless) At what milage does a honda roll over? 999,999? And why does the report put the car straight to salvage status without the theft incident being recorded? Could it be salvaged cuz it wont pass emmissions?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k that car has been all over the place

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k that car has been all over the place
prolly has herpies...

i have no clue. i dont think not passing emissions would make it salvage..but idk :what:

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It didnt pass inspection and the owner probably got caught driving and it got impounded. From there it sat collecting rent fees for a year or so, when the impound yard sold it to the local junkyard for 40 bucks. Well atleast thats what I think

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prolly has herpies...

i have no clue. i dont think not passing emissions would make it salvage..but idk :what:
Your right, not passing emissions will not put your vehicles status in salvage in the state of california.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Salvage Title - A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value; or a vehicle that has been declared a Total Loss by an insurer or other state or jurisdiction. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following ten States also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how come every 4-5 months the car is being re titled? if you are looking to buy this car.... id say...walk away

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how come every 4-5 months the car is being re titled? if you are looking to buy this car.... id say...walk away
In a state with smog laws yeah I would stay away from it. In Iowa there arent any inspections and sometimes you can pick up a salvaged vehicle that runs and drives perfect for dirt cheap.