Virus

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone having issue when bringing up the forum? Every time I link to the site my virus scan pops up calling out a Trojan virus. Maybe the site needs a scan?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i sure hope not, im on my work computer lol. i didnt see anything when i logged on tho

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
I have Adblock on my computer. It takes away of all the ads.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't have any issues on my PC.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm...its still doing it today. Happening on my work computer with massive blockers and scan software...lol. Its catching it but curious about it. Might be good to check the site and the sponsor ads. Happened over on EM1Crew a while back if I recall and it was a sponsor ad that ended up being tagged. Makes day 3 that I've seen it each time I visit the site. I dont use it from home usually as I just check via tapatalk on my phone...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm...its still doing it today. Happening on my work computer with massive blockers and scan software...lol. Its catching it but curious about it. Might be good to check the site and the sponsor ads. Happened over on EM1Crew a while back if I recall and it was a sponsor ad that ended up being tagged. Makes day 3 that I've seen it each time I visit the site. I dont use it from home usually as I just check via tapatalk on my phone...
Can you PM me with details on what your AV scanner is picking up?

Thanks!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, this morning I had no AV pop up and trap anything. So I'm not sure whats going on...lol. If it comes back I'll screenshot it or something and PM it out.

Jay, it was only when I linked into the forum. I have the favorite (www.clubcivic.com/board/) It didnt do it when going into any of the threads or anything. And was only on initial, not if I went "back" to the board page. But if I linked back into the site rather than going back or if I was visiting again at a later time in the day, it would pop up and capture a trojan horse.

So for now, it seems safe on my end. Was rather odd though. Maybe it was a sponor ad and they picked it up and cleaned it?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Came back today. Was not at work on Friday. PM will be sent following this post.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got it. Thanks for the info!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Adblock on my computer. It takes away of all the ads.
adblock wont stop scripts though.

i'd suggest looking at your task manager and all processes and see if there is anything suspicious. you can search google and find out what it all is. just don't go stopping processes randomly unless you actually find something,.

edit: oh this thread is old... oh well...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
adblock wont stop scripts though.

i'd suggest looking at your task manager and all processes and see if there is anything suspicious. you can search google and find out what it all is. just don't go stopping processes randomly unless you actually find something,.

edit: oh this thread is old... oh well...
No worries, actually its happening again. But I cannot go through and stop any processes. My work computer is pretty locked down for admin type things.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got your PM and passed it on to Justin. Thanks!