Wallpaper Help

XandR15659

Hi all - I'm looking to outsource some help for an issue I'm having trying to change the wallpaper on my 2018 Honda Civic LX. I've been researching and Google'ing and trying to troubleshoot this on my own for hours. I feel like this shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm sure I'm just missing something super small at this point.

I added 3 images to a completely empty USB (capacity 1GB). I've tried both .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg. Individual file sizes are well under 2MB, dimensions and pixels fit within the preferred limits. When I plug the USB into the Civic console, the option to "import" is completely grayed out; I'm unable to do anything other than select the "clock" option.

The tutorials and articles I've read make it seem like the system should read the USB and select the image files from there, but I'm not even able to get to that step.

What am I overlooking? How did this get so difficult? :what:

Thanks!

Meredith Smith

first, you must reformat USB.
2. The image must be 1,920 x 936 pixels or less. The file name must be fewer than 64 characters

I did it successfully on the 2016 Honda Civic of my brother (i dont have 2018 Honda Civic LX). If you have tried everything but still failed, please take it to Honda's service center for assistance

XandR15659

first, you must reformat USB.
2. The image must be 1,920 x 936 pixels or less. The file name must be fewer than 64 characters

I did it successfully on the 2016 Honda Civic of my brother (i dont have 2018 Honda Civic LX). If you have tried everything but still failed, please take it to Honda's service center for assistance
Thanks for the help. I did reformat the USB - even downloaded a program to reformat to NTFS. File size is 1024x600 and the name is 11-characters long, including extension. It's still not coming up as an option to import. I even found a shared Google Drive with "approved" and perfectly sized sample graphics to use in Honda systems, but those didn't work either.

I don't know that since this is the only issue I'm experiencing that it merits a trip to the dealership, but just hoping there was a simple fix.

Meredith Smith

Okay.

I think you should bring your car to the genuine Honda service center for thoughtful support, note: do not bring the car to non-genuine garages. Wish you overcome this problem soon