Want LED dual headlight bulbs for 2002 Civic EX

MamaBear2017

I'm looking for two LED headlight bulbs - dual ( high/low beam in each bulb ), and 4000k color temperature without plastic lenses to make it that color, that will fit my 2002 Civic EX.

Anyone sell those?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Look into BiXenon HID kits. But if you get them, please don't put them into the normal halogen housing. The light scatter will be very bad and you'll blind oncoming traffic. Get projectors, or do a retrofit if you really want them to stand out.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My point remains the same about light scatter.

That being said, your car takes H4 bulbs, right? So just look for H4 (or whatever bulb type if I am mistaken), 4000k LED kits. 4000k for LED will be tough to find but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. :what:

MamaBear2017

Thanks XpL0d3r.

I'm not sure about the scatter thing. I was hoping just to get some LED's that would fit the existing headlights and have dual beams in one, like that. If I have to change headlights and all that, I cant afford this.

As far as the 4000k, that would be ideal, but 4500K wouldn't be bad. It's just that 5000K and up gets blue and less visible at night, not to mention legality issues.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks XpL0d3r.

I'm not sure about the scatter thing. I was hoping just to get some LED's that would fit the existing headlights and have dual beams in one, like that. If I have to change headlights and all that, I cant afford this.

As far as the 4000k, that would be ideal, but 4500K wouldn't be bad. It's just that 5000K and up gets blue and less visible at night, not to mention legality issues.
Yeah, 4300k is the purest white without any shades of blue in it. I have 6000k (I think) HID's in a retrofitted housing, and you're right about visibility -- especially during a snowstorm, it's horrible. Snow reflects the light right back at me lol

MamaBear2017

I've even found articles saying that DOT doesn't like the blue, nor do law enforcement agencies - not only for safety and vision reasons, but because blue lights tend to be illegal unless you're a LEO.