want to get new bov

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when im just sitting still mine will not blow off even with a rfl, is it because im only running 5 psi.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
when im just sitting still mine will not blow off even with a rfl, is it because im only running 5 psi.
it should still go off, but maybe with just 5psi it isnt enough but i dont see why it wouldnt if you rev it up enough

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know that you can adjust the BOV to either soft / hard which will in turn affect how loud it is.

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i know when you adjust it, but with a RFL it has 5 or 6 washers that you put in it, which is soft or hard , the more washers hard or the other way around.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
yea i know when you adjust it, but with a RFL it has 5 or 6 washers that you put in it, which is soft or hard , the more washers hard or the other way around.
have you tried adjusting it?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
supposidly the less makes it louder (i think) but me and my friend tried several variations on his sti and nothing made any significance difference in sound, we ended up putting it back to how it was stock and it seemed to run best

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, i put one in it because the directions said before installing to put one in and something about if it idles rough than add washers until it idles smooth, and my car idles fine, but if it will blow off sitting still at 9 psi that will be fine.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
no, i put one in it because the directions said before installing to put one in and something about if it idles rough than add washers until it idles smooth, and my car idles fine, but if it will blow off sitting still at 9 psi that will be fine.
yeah thats actually the problem i had with the STi, it idled rough with 2-3 washers

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i reved my car to about 6,500 and swooooooosh, i should not have to rev so high on 9 psi should i.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size is your turbo?seeing as how you are revving in neutral, i dont see it as being so odd....go drive it

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a t3 , oh yea when i am changing gears its loud as hell, i've just heard other cars at red lights rev and it blow off pretty loud.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its cause ur only running 5 psi man....wait until 9....im sure it will be twice as loud....

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
yeah thats actually the problem i had with the STi, it idled rough with 2-3 washers
thats weird usually 3 is the magic number for wrx/sti's

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
thats weird usually 3 is the magic number for wrx/sti's
yeah idk it just didnt run as good for whatever reason :what: