want to get new bov

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right now im using a GREDDY TYPE S bov and was wonder'n if anione was using the GREDDY TYPE RS..i heard that the RS is better in releasing air and makes a better sound..any opinions?..should i keep my type s or buy the new type rs

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moved :thumbup:

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no prob..bro... its what i do..

are you unahappy with your current one..

search " greddy bov" and you may be able to find some opinions on the Type rs

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah its not that im unhappie with it..im doing the supra project with my dads car and he's gonna need his bov back so i need to buy one.well its either i buy a new one for me or one for him..i thought i'd take the benefit and buy one for me and give him the type s back

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o i c...

shiznit will be able to help you out when he comes on... he knows alot about F.I.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the greddy rs is sweet! it's pretty loud as well. my friend has a hks ssqv and its nice, but not that loud IMO. I would go with the greddy rs.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got a turbo xs rfl for sale if you want it...comes with the flange

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the hks ssqv. type s is nice too, but what does the rs even sound like?ssqv i would consider "whistle" sound, type s id consider it to be a "woosh/whistle" sound, whats the rs sound?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've alreadie got the type s on right now with the flange on the piping so im just deciding on the type s or type rs..i've heard the rs and it sounds hella mean..so i think i'll pick up the type rs bov..i'll try and post a sound of the type rs bov either of mine or one that i find..do the holes on the blue part serve ani purpose..cuz by the looks thats one of the differences it has from the type s

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i doubt the holes really serve much purpose except maybe distributing sound a bit differently.......but yeah def post up a sound clip, id like to hear it, or maybe even a comparison=)

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good choice with the greddy rs. my friend has it on his eclipse and it is loud and sounds amazing. people always snap their necks to look when they hear it. I think you'll be happy with it.

the hks ssqv is like a whistle
the greddy rs is like.. i dono.. sounds like a hen?! lol.. search for a sound clip for it they're around here somewhere.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the rs is what i call a woosh sound, much like the rfl

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right now im still boost'n stock pounds..would it make a big difference on sound?..maybe a little weaker than something boost'n lets say comparing 5 pounds to 10 pounds?

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friends eclipse is running 7lbs of boost and it's pretty loud. I never seen him run high boost so I dono if it's even louder under more boost. my educated guess would be that it is, but i cant say that with confidence.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not sure what car it is...just got it from a site showing clips.....

and yes the higher psi u run the louder it will be....5 to 10 psi is prolly a big noise diff....atleast a noticable one...