Weak AND Sluggish in the Heat

user2

'07 DX civic. What can I say? It's a great little buggy. After installing some new drums and rotors. I developed more compassion for her and inquires about my vehicle.

I've started to notice some draw backs with the performance( its engineered for efficiency), but especially on a hot muggy days. After reaching 3 gear I feel my engine struggle. It's not dying, but it's just struggling during gear shifts. It's a great engine, runs great, but it feels as if my car has Asthma, how else can I describe it? I want to give my engine fresh air and lots as I ascend through gears.

What do you think might be causing this luggish feels? My hunch was the exaust manifold and headers. ANy grease monkeys here? any suggestions are appreciated. thank you friends.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you running the air conditioning? Try leaving it off until you're up to cruising speed. Any bolt on parts would just be noise makers. You can't make power without forced induction or an engine swap on your platform.

user2

Are you running the air conditioning? Try leaving it off until you're up to cruising speed. Any bolt on parts would just be noise makers. You can't make power without forced induction or an engine swap on your platform.
NO my a/c actually isn't working at the moment. I'm smart enough not to fall for the rice boy mods. Where can I find info on engine swaping. DO you know any sources? - what engines can fit a DX model? I'd definelty swap my engine, but I'm lacking knowledge on what works.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NO my a/c actually isn't working at the moment. I'm smart enough not to fall for the rice boy mods. Where can I find info on engine swaping. DO you know any sources? - what engines can fit a DX model? I'd definelty swap my engine, but I'm lacking knowledge on what works.
a K20 or K24 swap would be the way to go. Unless your DX is in showroom floor condition, I'd be inclined to search for an 8th gen civic si and sell the DX. Might be worth a test drive.

user2

a K20 or K24 swap would be the way to go. Unless your DX is in showroom floor condition, I'd be inclined to search for an 8th gen civic si and sell the DX. Might be worth a test drive.
"showroom floor condition" I just searched this. What did you mean by this?

Also I will consider going with an si.

user2

its 2008, it doesnt have much rust. lol sorry bad comprhention on my ppart. its not show room, but it has good body, and engine components. are you saying dx engines can be upgraded?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its 2008, it doesnt have much rust. lol sorry bad comprhention on my ppart. its not show room, but it has good body, and engine components. are you saying dx engines can be upgraded?
There's little to no aftermarket support available for the DX engine, in my opinion, due to the K series engines being the benchmark for 2006 and newer Honda/ Acura 4 cylinders.

Likely, the swap would run more than what the car is worth. That's why I asked about the condition.