weight reductoin

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol im sure you all know this alread, but ill post it anywayz...i was thinking last night(i know i know i shouldnt do that) and i thought to myself, hey hidden in the trunk theres a spare tire. Now i know it sounds simple enough and most of you already this, but eh, to save weight TAKE it out )[/code]

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HAHA, most people do this before they head to the track. It's one of the simplest ways of reducing weight, without stripping the entire interior of the car.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in desperate need of points....?

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know what else helps? Getting rid of fat girlfriends, cutting off the roof, that type of stuff

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take out the spare at the track, you may need it if you blow a tire

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "caddy"

You know what else helps? Getting rid of fat girlfriends, cutting off the roof, that type of stuff
:D hahah smart ass

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen people take out their headlight, it reduces a tad bit of weight and shoots mad air into your intake (if its a short ram)

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG people get all crazy with the 1/4. Thats a going a little overborad

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hes the pointmasta! never does he use them...admin needs to have a DONATE POINTS button so he can donate some of his points to me =)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "CiviKid"

hes the pointmasta! never does he use them...admin needs to have a DONATE POINTS button so he can donate some of his points to me =)
who?

ahbongkadah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen people take out their headlight, it reduces a tad bit of weight and shoots mad air into your intake
yeah i think thats more for the induction of air, most of the time its also only one headlight... the one by the intake.

rear seats are usually pretty easy to take out also... at least on 5th gens. or passenger seat, its only like 4 bolts.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t, i didn't think i was ever going to see this thread again............. but then along comes ahbongkadah to save the day...............

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:haha:

i remember takin my headlight off, didnt really notice a difference.. of course it could have been operator errors all night long...

-daniel

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by nightkids1
take out the spare at the track, you may need it if you blow a tire
i never have a spare tire with me. my reasoning for this is, my car is so slammed anyways there's no way for me to get at the car without the proper jack so either way i'm calling a tow. so basically i don't need the spare! hehe

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeh I can barely get my jack under my car.

myflysi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
weight reduction can be way over rated if you dont put things into perspective...like one guy in another post on the forum here runnin a 17somethin 1/4 sayin his 3/4 tank of gas was slowin him down, i mean come on guys wtf lol :lol: the easiest way to decide whats worth removing and what isnt is this: everyone ONE HUNDRED pounds removed is technically only supposed to shave ONE tenth of a second off your 1/4mi. time...this may make or break the drag car enthusiasts 11.9 second goal when all other aspects of the car have already been addressed and only weight issues remain, but seriously....if you're using your full gas tank as an excuse for your slow times, good luck to you in your quest to keep from sounding like a complete ass haha. i mean im in no way bashing a car with a high 1/4 time, i personally couldnt give two shits about what anyone else runs, im just tryin to say that making excuses such as that can make you look real foolish real fast, so you might as well do some reading up before you blame your time on things that really didnt make much of a difference at all. peace