weird noise

Cobl18

Registered VIP
I have searched the forum and i cant seem to figure it out. when i accelerate i hear this metal sound, it sounds like its a thin piece of metal rattling against something. it seems to be coming from the passenger side. it only happens when i accelerate in drive. (automatic transmission) and when im in neutral i can rev it up and i hear nothing. i tried pin pointing it but no luck. any ideas? thanks guys.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
i did, i made sure that it was on the hanger and that the rubber wasn't worn. thanks for the reply do you have any other ideas? I know it might sound stupid but could it be the brake dust cover?

matty62

my car did that to me i could just gas it and nothing but at higher rpms when they are fluxuating could cause it to shake and vibrate

Cobl18

Registered VIP
i see okay makes sense ill double check tomorrow. mine doesnt do it past like 1,500 it mostly like when i go from a stop and push on the gas to get going i hear this terrible sound. its not the engine but it just sounds so terrible and trashy lol

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
check the place holder for the stock downpipe. its likie a metal thing with 2 bolts on it. that could possible rattle..