went to tha track for the first time...here are my results

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ran 3 times. it is an 1/8th mile track. here are my results..

>>1st run was against a automatic 94 accord sedan with CAI, header, exhaust, and a lil more s**t. i beat him.

my reaction time was: .73
my 60 ft time was: 2.707
my ET was: 10.77 @ 65.98 MPH.

his reaction time was: 1.121
his 60 ft time was: 2.59
his ET was: 10.881 @ 66.17 MPH

>>2nd run was against a 2000 ford focus. i never talked to the guy, but he had an exhaust from what i can see. who knows what else he had. i beat him too.

my reaction time was: .776
my 60 ft time was: 2.623
my ET was: 10.864 @ 65.21 MPH

his reaction time was: .69
his 60 ft time was: 2.78
his ET was: 11.093 @ 66.47 MPH

>>3rd run was against a 1997 civic dx coupe with a b16 swap with an exhaust. he beat me.

my reaction time was: .781
my 60 ft time was: 2.656
my ET was: 10.916 @ 65.79 MPH

his reaction time was: .819
his 60 ft time was: 2.569
his ET was: 10.547 @ 65.78 MPH

i need to work on my damn reaction time and mostly my 60 ft time. but overall im pretty satisfied. i mean i cant believe how close i was with that dx with the b16 swap and exhaust. thats faster then an si since its lighter. so that means i am as fast as si's. :D

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad times for a dx. Come down to Alabama and i'll let you run my g'fs automatic ex civic. best it pulled was a 10.8@66 with a cai/muffler( on 17's). It now has a full exhaust, cai, header and pulleys. We plan on going back to the track with some HX wheels to better that time, but we will probably wait for the cam install to go back to the track.

Also we have taking plenty of si's from rolling starts( 45 to??) and pull anywhere from half a car to 3 cars.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah my times werent so good cause i was really nervous and it was my first time at a track in my life.

once i get an exhaust, header, and cold air intake, then i will put my cam in. And after that stuff is in im hoping to run 8's..which is pretty realistic.

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With those you will probably run mid 9's. Those mods won't put you into the 8's.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah bro...my car had all those mods before...it was runnin high 14's on the quater and 8's on the 1/8 mile...so i know what it can run from experince :D

just had to take the cam out to pass smog, and the e/h/cai got taken out for some bills that had to be paid

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So your mods are ecu, headwork( shaved i believe?), cam, cai, header, exhaust, ported intake manifold and a ported tb?.

I have never seen any dx run 14's on those mods.. If you add a greddy kit, i have seen that done.

Not doubting you, but that seems alittle fast for a dx. If you can post a timeslip up please.

Also, you said you ran 14's before.. I thought this was your first time at the track?

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my car ran 14's before...it used to belong to my friend...i bought it off him

he had madd hookups...he got bullfrog head work, they ported and polished the head, ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, ecu...thats all i have right now. believe me this engine was finely tooned by pros...once i get my cam in and the cai/h/e ill be runnin those times...like my friend ran them when he had the car...i know it sounds crazy....he used to suprise the hell outa people a while back when he used to run...theyd ask him what he had, and hed just say "1.5 all motor" hahaha :D

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are some pretty good times for a DX. They'll only get better with more practice =)

Once I get home I'll scan in some of my slips for my 99 EX. I've only gone to the track once as well. This year I plan on going a bit more to do some tuning. All I know off hand is that I ended up at a 15.1 in the 1/4 with a .9xx reaction time.

Ken