Wet or Dry shot

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
I was just curious, what do you all think would be a better setup and the easiest to install on my d16y8 i plan on getting a zex kit or nos kit after i get my header exhaust intake manifold fuel rail and regulator. just looking for a extra power boost for my sohc. thanks :lol:

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wet shot

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either one is just as easy, really its just preferance

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
Not be be an ass, but its not preference. If you go with a Dry shot, you'll need new fuel system components to preserve relaibility. A wet shot is added with fuel inrichment, so if your staying mostly stock, the wet shot is by far the way to go.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RockintheEKoupe said:
Not be be an ass, but its not preference. If you go with a Dry shot, you'll need new fuel system components to preserve relaibility. A wet shot is added with fuel inrichment, so if your staying mostly stock, the wet shot is by far the way to go.
:bs:

Dry kits are intended to work with the stock fuel system.. you will NOT need an upgraded fuel system.. the things recomended on both applications are relatively similar
*colder plugs
*higher octane gas (93+)
*slightly retarded timing
*factory ecu or one specifically tuned for nitrous.. (no "chips" as they tend to advance ignition and cause detonation with nitrous)
things not needed but recomended or needed over time
*new clutch
*bottle heater
*gauges
*upgraded fuel pump
all of these items would be benificial on a wet OR dry kit..the positive of a wet kit is higher shot applications sometimes with dry will be subject to uneven nitrous fuel distribution, the reason this occurs in a dry kit is the following..a dry kit uses the factory fuel system to add more fuel.. the fuel is evenly distributed to all 4 cylinder, sometimes with too high of a shot the nitrous is not causing uneven distribution and lean burn.. the advantage of a wet kit is the nitrous and fuel are sprayed simultaniously thus creating more even nitrous distribution.. a direct port kit is the same but one wet kit per intake runner..wet kit advantage is nitrous distribution.. it has nothing to do with upgrading your fuel system.. absolutely no disrespect but you should try not to spread incorrect data..

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
Thanks dude, thats pretty much what i said, bu i was too lazy to type all that. I dont trust my stock fuel system to compensate for much above a 50 shot Dry.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wet is the best and heres why

A n2o wet kit is when the n2o is activated and spraying, the system sprays a matching amount of fuel through the nozzle with the n2o to give a “more accurate shot”.

A n2o dry kit is when the n2o is activated and spraying, the system uses a vacuum to adjust the fuel pressure and use the cars injectors to spray the fuel accordingly.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1siksivik said:
wet is the best and heres why

A n2o wet kit is when the n2o is activated and spraying, the system sprays a matching amount of fuel through the nozzle with the n2o to give a “more accurate shot”.

A n2o dry kit is when the n2o is activated and spraying, the system uses a vacuum to adjust the fuel pressure and use the cars injectors to spray the fuel accordingly.
exactly what i said.. but the reality is on a small shot it does NOT matter..