wetsanding

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok well i hit the siding of my garage and paint rubbed on it like a 5X5 inch area... i got most of it out with paint cleaner and polish with a crap load of elbow greace lol... but theres still some that wont come out. so im thinking of wetsanding 2k grit or something? but how do you know how much to wet sand?

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get 2000 auto-sand paper from autozone and VERY carefully wet it and try to scrub the paint off. It will probably scratch the clear-coat a bit, but get some polisher and smooth it in, it should cover it up. After that wax and you probably wont be able to see anything.

Anything lower then 2000 is pretty dangerous... 1500 is dangerous even though you CAN use it... Ive used like 1000 and it scratched my car up pretty badly, clear-coat perma-damage.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AliasNeo said:
ok well i hit the siding of my garage and paint rubbed on it like a 5X5 inch area... i got most of it out with paint cleaner and polish with a crap load of elbow greace lol... but theres still some that wont come out. so im thinking of wetsanding 2k grit or something? but how do you know how much to wet sand?
Honestly if your asking this question you shouldn't even attempt it! Beside you wet sand it your gonna need a machine rotary buffer to remoce the fine sanding scratches.

Do you have a two or three stage paint system (just base/color coat or color coat and clear? More than likely you went into the primer!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wash it and use some rubbing compound on it with plenty of water. I had paint on the bumper of my old civic and it came right off. Make sure you detail the car after.

Don't wetsand.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Give a clay bar a shot. That stuff works wonders. I'd stay away from even 2000 grit sandpaper. You would def need some decent product and a buffer to take off the micro marring and any haze.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well its a base then clear. and it doesnt look like i scratched the clear coat when hitting the garage. seems like it just rubbed paint off the garage onto the bumper. i used paint cleaner and alot of it came out. but there is still some that wont come offl... i even tried a machine rotory buff and it just wont come off