What Amplifier

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like 3 sets of RCA wires (stripped wires), 2 power wires (ones with tape on them), a ground wire, and both rear speaker wires (coming out of the upper speaker deck). That ground wire is extremely too long by the way.

Looking at the picture, you have a hacked up 2 amp set up. My guess would be one set of RCAs is for a sub amp and the other 2 sets are for front and rear speakers that whom ever did the set up spliced them for high leads instead of RCA.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
all of the red wires hace power i checked with a tester.
and those 2 sets of male cable will produce sound if i connect them to the back speakers but its really low.
So your saying the 3 small red wires are from the front speakers

amp

i

want

to

know

what

kind

of

amplifier

Last edited by a moderator:

reichbc

"Brandon"
Posting like that isn't going to get you an answer.

Generally any amplifier will have those connections. It's figuring out which cable is which that you might have trouble with.

Where at in Cali do you live? If you live anywhere near Fairfield or Vacaville, PM me and I'd be glad to give you a hand.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any amp can wire into that abortion, usually cheap flea market crap, and after about a week it wont work.

Do yourself a favor, rip all of that s*** out of there, buy yourself some decent wire, or reuse some of the abortion you extracted from your car,

Once finished aborting:

ONE "big red" wire for power.

ONE "big black" one negative, wire should be 2-3 feet in length, I ground mine to the rear seatbelt bolt

One small black or blue remote wire that should wire into the constant power lead on your head unit (usually the yellow wire if I'm not mistaken)

Your rear deck speakers should be wired back up to your head unit and let it power those speakers.

Out from your amp, which ever you may choose to go with you'll have 2 speaker wires (one pos, one neg) going to your sub of choice.

Yes I explained it out in detail because you posted like a d**k for one, and two I would NEVER hook anything up to that s***ty ass wiring job.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any amp can wire into that abortion, usually cheap flea market crap, and after about a week it wont work.

Do yourself a favor, rip all of that s*** out of there, buy yourself some decent wire, or reuse some of the abortion you extracted from your car,
Agreed. Rip that rat's nest of wiring out and start over.

Abailey21 said:
ONE "big black" one negative, wire should be 2-3 feet in length, I ground mine to the rear seatbelt bolt
Run the negative as short as you can get it. I run mine to a ground block that is only a couple of inches away from the amp and then from the ground block to less than a foot to a point that I make on the chassis/trunk floor.

Abailey21 said:
One small black or blue remote wire that should wire into the constant power lead on your head unit (usually the yellow wire if I'm not mistaken)
Yellow wire is the constant positive wire. The remote wire out of most aftermarket head units is actually blue. The blue wire can also be the "power antenna" wire if you have an antenna that rises when power to the head unit is recognized.

Abailey21 said:
I would NEVER hook anything up to that s***ty ass wiring job.
Same here. I wouldn't trust that for anything. I ALWAYS rewire my own stuff unless the previous owner had it done professionally. What you have there is not professionally done and is a hack job worthy of melted wires and a possible car fire.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
my car has a navigation system installed so the wires are all mis matched...
i pulled out the navi screen and there is like 10 wires spliced together.
i know that the it works thought...i can hear the radio but its not loud and the place i bought it said i just need to put an amp in.
would it be better to just convert it back to stock....or buy an amp and install it

reichbc

"Brandon"
my car has a navigation system installed so the wires are all mis matched...
i pulled out the navi screen and there is like 10 wires spliced together.
i know that the it works thought...i can hear the radio but its not loud and the place i bought it said i just need to put an amp in.
would it be better to just convert it back to stock....or buy an amp and install it
It is sometimes said that the simplest solution is sometimes the least effective.
A navigation system is just a fancy head unit with an extra wire or two for GPS. The fact that you have 10 wires spliced together means that whoever had it before you was a nut job.

I would recommend completely rewiring the system. New amp, wire it all up, and call it a day.

Read my post above. Like I said, if you live nearby Fairfield, Vacaville, or Suisun, I'd be glad to give you a hand. I wired my entire car fresh.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow thats a mess lol i agree to just rip it all out and start fresh, with an eclipse head unit like that you shouldnt need an amp to get good sound out of it, someone just screwed up all the wiring.. let get a pic of all the splicing thats going on behind the unit..

bkjj77

Registered VIP
yah ill try to post a pic tomorrow of the wires....i just want the speakers back to stock with the navi