what are those window trim things called?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i see them around sometimes and i like them they are those tinted plastic pieces that go on the outside of the front windows they go aross the top of the windows and extend down to the mirror, what are they called and where can i get some, and how do people install them so they arent easily stolen? thanks and if anyone has a pic of them on their car please let me know thanks

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks man, i had no idea they were so damn expensive, for those small plastic pieces

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its because those are like jdm-style overpriced super-plastic from an island in the pacific.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
had them on my car when I bought it, I didnt like them. It was the first "modification" after I got it. I think the car looks much cleaner without them

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do they even do nething? im curious as to what their true purpose and function is

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they just allow you to have your windows cracked open in the rain and not really get any rain inside the car.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best idea to have them if u have a car without a/c if its raining most ppl down want to crack / roll down their windows lettin rain in, so they buy these and u can have like a inch of window open to allow air in.

Civic_Clan

5+ Year Member
if it's not properly fit, u might be able to hear "wind blow" sound from the inside when u speed.

jonesEK

5+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
had them on my car when I bought it, I didnt like them. It was the first "modification" after I got it. I think the car looks much cleaner without them
I think your car would have looked cleanER if they were on.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Make sure if you get aftermarket ones to watch out for the kind held on by tape. I've heard way too many horror stories of them ripping off at speeds between 50-60mph.

I have a moonroof visor though and I love it. It's main purpose to me though is so I can open the moonroof and not get the sun right in my eys when it's right at the front of the monroof in comparision with where I'm sitting.