anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
as for me... today i decided to poke my head in here after a brutal week at work (including a deployment earlier today). It's been a few years and I'm happy to still see familiar faces. It's been nearly fifteen years since I joined CC, though I've been mostly MIA the past decade. It's great seeing what paths our younger members back then have taken and what awesome individuals they have become.

EDIT: why is my avatar not animated any more?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alex you're an MP now?
No, no military for me.
I'm in the selection process for one of the federal law enforcement agencies.
as for me... today i decided to poke my head in here after a brutal week at work (including a deployment earlier today). It's been a few years and I'm happy to still see familiar faces. It's been nearly fifteen years since I joined CC, though I've been mostly MIA the past decade. It's great seeing what paths our younger members back then have taken and what awesome individuals they have become.

EDIT: why is my avatar not animated any more?
Just made me check, a little over 14 years here, that's crazy.

I'm honestly a little surprised the site is even still around. With forums all dying & just the Civic platform in general kind of (in my mind) losing interest or hold with the youngin's

Last edited:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pretty much how I want to run the Camino. Any idea what motor he's using?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Bought the truck with a 4.3 v6 swapped a 4.8LS kept the 5sp changed the rear ratio to something more fun. Got the ls from a buddy that gets vehicles from auction to part so it was only $400. Were arguing now as he wants to sell all pieces and do a single but for a street truck twins would own.. slammed the truck w a C notch 6/4 reminded me of my mini truck days.. gave him a bunch if my leftover parts from my EGLST build so this should be fun..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was just watching something Friday about the 4.8's being perfect for boost due to all the extra meat & being iron blocks.

Do what you gotta do to convince him. Even if you have to remind him how cool it'll be to run a Demon-style intake system through the trucks highbeams to each snail.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Im tryin, from what i was told and see on the block itself it is stamped "4.8/5.3" so its the same block but the stroke is diff, not sure if its the crank or rods but thats the only diff.. he keeps begging me for my ls2 out of my SS cause its aluminum but not gonna happen.. already gave him over 500 in parts laying around, 60-1, flanges, piping, wastegate springs, SS intake manifold, time n knowledge lol...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im tryin, from what i was told and see on the block itself it is stamped "4.8/5.3" so its the same block but the stroke is diff, not sure if its the crank or rods but thats the only diff.. he keeps begging me for my ls2 out of my SS cause its aluminum but not gonna happen.. already gave him over 500 in parts laying around, 60-1, flanges, piping, wastegate springs, SS intake manifold, time n knowledge lol...

Go ahead and send that on over. I need that setup for my Xterra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP

What ya interested it fellow H brethern get a deal..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

What ya interested it fellow H brethern get a deal..

Need a twin turbo LS setup. Im fine with a truck block as well

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Knocked out fingerprints & structured interview
Saw Kingtasma over on the beach but he left before I could get my camera over there
Went to one dealer, had a '67 427 Cobra with 44 miles on it
Went to another, 3 Pagani's, a Koenigsegg, Bug, etc.
Didn't get to see the FIU bridge but on the drive back north I did see 6 ZR1's testing & 3 Dodge trucks testing. Two Rams, not sure if the third was a Ram as it looked smaller, maybe a Dakota reboot?

Well, that was quick. Everything I've read says it takes about a week or two to hear back, just receiving the notice that I passed. Kind of had a feeling though with how one of the interviewers was talking to me afterward.

Last edited:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Knocked out fingerprints & structured interview
Saw Kingtasma over on the beach but he left before I could get my camera over there
Went to one dealer, had a '67 427 Cobra with 44 miles on it
Went to another, 3 Pagani's, a Koenigsegg, Bug, etc.
Didn't get to see the FIU bridge but on the drive back north I did see 6 ZR1's testing & 3 Dodge trucks testing. Two Rams, not sure if the third was a Ram as it looked smaller, maybe a Dakota reboot?

Well, that was quick. Everything I've read says it takes about a week or two to hear back, just receiving the notice that I passed. Kind of had a feeling though with how one of the interviewers was talking to me afterward.
Congrats brother! Glad to here you passed. So what’s next?

I’ve been doing the firefighter thing. Loving it, but last night was one of those up all night running calls nights. Took a mean nap this morning after breakfast lol

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats brother! Glad to here you passed. So what’s next?

I’ve been doing the firefighter thing. Loving it, but last night was one of those up all night running calls nights. Took a mean nap this morning after breakfast lol
Fingerprints were taken so they can finally start the BI
Next for me is a drug test & polygraph. Drug will definitely be a pass, if poly is a pass, I should be good to go to GA for school.

Was going to ask you something about something last night but now I have no clue what it was.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fingerprints were taken so they can finally start the BI
Next for me is a drug test & polygraph. Drug will definitely be a pass, if poly is a pass, I should be good to go to GA for school.

Was going to ask you something about something last night but now I have no clue what it was.
Polygraph was shitty but easier than I thought. I made a lottttt of bad decisions but it had been 3 years since I last did anything illegal at the time of my interview. I just told the truth but didn’t volunteer any information. Only answered what they asked.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Same here, but haven't done anything outside of a traffic ticket in 6 years.
Heard a bunch of people have failed due to them using a test for FBI agents already in the system, not new recruits. I believe they've changed it, but not 100% sure. Not real worried about it as sounds like it's mainly stuff already covered on the BI forms to see if I change my story or have left anything out, etc.

Moreso hoping I don't have to go back down to Miami again for it.
4 hours down, 4 hours back, was there for a 20 minute interview and about 3 hours or so of waiting...and $17 worth of parking.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty much wasted my whole 2 weeks off but f**k it. Fly back to Texas tomorrow for 2 weeks! See what i can cram in before I leave...