What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Enjoyed a cooler than average desert morning which has turned into a wind blown hellscape. 64F as the high today, in two days expected to be 96F LOL

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
But ya found my way back here my accident after the above mentioned weather craziness.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, just about to be back in the 100's later this week in my part of the desert.

At least it wasn't a sandstorm like a few days ago, even though that usually does make work more fun since people try to use it as cover

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yep, just about to be back in the 100's later this week in my part of the desert.

At least it wasn't a sandstorm like a few days ago, even though that usually does make work more fun since people try to use it as cover
What part of the desert?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been putting this off for about 14yrs, but read a couple days ago there were maybe only a handful left in yellow so ordered yesterday and picked it up today. Might get another one for even further future use next month, slowly start stockpiling parts again

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Been putting this off for about 14yrs, but read a couple days ago there were maybe only a handful left in yellow so ordered yesterday and picked it up today. Might get another one for even further future use next month, slowly start stockpiling parts again
Need more photos, sounds like a new thread popping up soon!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Miss all y’all
A lot of us are still here, there a private messenger group with OG guys. I think the majority of them peruse the site as well.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A lot of us are still here, there a private messenger group with OG guys. I think the majority of them peruse the site as well.
I’m in there on messenger, just not active. I mostly only know a handful that I keep up with on Facebook. A lot of people in there I only know by their username and pic in here lol

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Well hopefully the age forums will make a comeback some day. We have had a few new members but mostly those with problems looking for answers. Rather than enthusiasts. Either is good though.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Gotta check a couple/few times per week, just nothing going on anymore
If we keep coming back it will perk back up. Honestly I think the social media platforms are taking their hits and the return to forums is coming. FB groups have turned to nothing but advertising garbage. Group owners are slowly switching to the monetized platform which IMO has killed FG groups and I am thankful for it.

So much bad info on FB Groups and it does not get moderated well or well enough by educated members. So bad info just keeps churning. The forums are where its at and info can be better tracked and fact checked IMO.

The FB groups info just gets buried into oblivion. Honestly I hate social media but its a necessity in todays landscape. But its all about "LIKE ME LIKE ME" algorithmic bullshit turning people into Orwellian sheep.

/offMySoapBox

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Need more photos, sounds like a new thread popping up soon!
Meh, full rebuild isn't happening any time soon

This is probably the most recent pic, or one of it at work next to some of the kilo units
Only comes out maybe once a week or so now

If we keep coming back it will perk back up. Honestly I think the social media platforms are taking their hits and the return to forums is coming. FB groups have turned to nothing but advertising garbage. So much bad info on FB Groups and it does not get moderated well or well enough by educated members. The forums are where its at and info can be better tracked and fact checked IMO. The FB groups info just gets buried into oblivion.
Hope so. My Jeep forum is alive and well but it does seem to be more of the older crowd anyway.

I manage a couple of S2000 pages on FB and yeah it's tough keeping up with either spam accounts or deleting s**t that shouldn't be there, etc. Let alone questions being asked over & over when the answers have been posted time & time again

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Just finished being f**king awesome and gave our clients more reasons as to why they don't hesitate to send us checks. New ISP came into clients office unscheduled. Put in their equipment in and completely brought the network down and f**king bailed LOL. Guess as long as their internet to "thier" modem is up that was all that mattered.

Idiot plugged network cable from their modem into the f**king wall causing a rogue DHCP server. Now we are implementing protection against rogue dhcp and ap's on the ubiquity network. Love their new Pro series network gear, f**king awesome!!! We attempted to disable the port on the network switch via cloud management but the rogue dhcp fubar'd the network. Broadcasting another IP schema across the network to all end points.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just finished being fking awesome and gave our clients more reasons as to why they don't hesitate to send us checks. New ISP came into clients office unscheduled. Put in their equipment in and completely brought the network down and fking bailed LOL. Guess as long as their internet to "thier" modem is up that was all that mattered.

Idiot plugged network cable from their modem into the fking wall causing a rogue DHCP server. Now we are implementing protection against rogue dhcp and ap's on the ubiquity network. Love their new Pro series network gear, fking awesome!!! We attempted to disable the port on the network switch via cloud management but the rogue dhcp fubar'd the network. Broadcasting another IP schema across the network to all end points.